Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a possibility to that ...

Hi,
    Depending on the shot joined (the aircraft is far away from its departure point), if i zoom on the departure airport (here KJFK) in order to view which runway was used at KJFK, the trajectory gone away et erase itself.
    Is there a possibility that the trajectory remain ON even if we zoom on the departure airport ?
    Thanks a lot.
    Gilles.
    Sans titre-1.jpg

If there is no contact from ground level by a FR24 based receiver (not FAA) on takeoff it will not know its positions near the ground. So no it can't really unless there is coverage to the gate at both destination and origin.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Sorry for my bad English, i think it's the cause you do not understand my question.
      When the aircraft is very far from its take-off point (as in the shot posted above) and if i zoom very very quickly on the departure airport, i can see that this 744 used RWY 04L, but if i zoom at normal speed, when i am approaching the airport view, the trajectory (track) goes entirely away.
      So is there a feature to display always the trajectory (track) of the flight even if the aircraft logo isn't in the screen aerea ?
      Hope you understood what i mean !!

Comment

Yes this has been a feature of bug for ages.

When you click for example an UAE plane from Dubai above The Netherlands and you trace the track back to Dubai and then zoom in on the Dubai airport, you loose the track entirely.
        You can't see begin of the track before it disappears.

Just confirmed with http://www.flightradar24.com/UAE37

Comment

I think what he is trying to say is when you click on an Aircraft, then zoom out or drag the Map to see the departure point and then zoom in the Aircraft / Track are both dropped which also happens to me nearly everytime. It would be better if the track was not dropped when the target Aircraft is out of view as its sometimes difficult to find the Aircraft again.

You beat me to it Jarod and yes i agree it must be a bug.
          Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-30, 18:23.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Gilles,

I find it's not an issue here in Sydney since there is ground coverage there which I think is what Oblivian is alluding to. In fact I use the following method which makes use of this very feature to track aircraft in order to photograph them flying overhead. If I select the preceeding aircraft (which shows it's track all the way from the gate) I can tell if the next aircraft is following the same track irrespective of zoom (plus as a back-up I listen to departures on the scanner). I find the track doesnt get lost at all unless I deselect that aircraft. That aircraft can be a hundred mile away but still displays the track all the way back to the gate.

It would seem to have more to do with whether there is ground coverage at individual airports than anything else.

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-30, 22:04.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
              Yes this has been a feature of bug for ages.

When you click for example an UAE plane from Dubai above The Netherlands and you trace the track back to Dubai and then zoom in on the Dubai airport, you loose the track entirely.
              You can't see begin of the track before it disappears.

Just confirmed with http://www.flightradar24.com/UAE37

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
              I think what he is trying to say is when you click on an Aircraft, then zoom out or drag the Map to see the departure point and then zoom in the Aircraft / Track are both dropped which also happens to me nearly everytime. It would be better if the track was not dropped when the target Aircraft is out of view as its sometimes difficult to find the Aircraft again.

You beat me to it Jarod and yes i agree it must be a bug.
              Thanks Jarod and speedbird1960 !!
              It's exactly what i want to say and hoping that this bug will be correct soon.

Comment

The following are examples I just took from KJFK and the track displays irrespective of the zoom or location of the aircraft;

Untitled4.jpgUntitled5.jpgUntitled6.jpg

In fact it's still visible (just, under all the aircraft) and Lot7 is almost out to Martha's Vineyard;

Untitled7.jpg

The following 2 shots were taken one after the other, still clearly showing the track from the runway it took off from;

Untitled7.jpg

Sorry, I cant get the last pic to upload the but I think you'll get the drift as Lot7 is even further out into the Atlantic and no matter how many times I clicked off the aircraft or adjusted the zoom I still had the track once I selected it again.

Regards,
                Gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-31, 02:43.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

@fungus
                  Try that flight when it is over destination, then zoom out just a little bit and try move map to the departure point. You will lose track of it.
                  Zoom itself is not a problem, but when you move the map, flight is gone.
                  e.g. flight Dubai-JFK when is near NY try folow the line to Dubai using map movement
                  Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-31, 06:38.
                  For official support use Contact Form

Comment

I think the server looks at your zoom level and location you are centred (centered for american spellers) on and then cuts the list of radars and planes down to what should be shown in your 'window', so if the plane you are viewing is over London but you are zoomed into New York you will not see that plane and indeed the radar that the plane is using will not be in the list that you can filter on if setting up a new filter.

Comment

To reduce server capacity, network data transfer and your computer processing capacity, FR24 only loads the position data from the area you are currently viewing. If you are trying to view an area outside if the position of the aircraft the data is cut off. So if you look on Japan you load data for Japan. If you now click on an aircraft over Japan and see it has taken off in USA and move the map to USA, map will now load USA data instead of Japan data, that is why you loose the aircraft.

I suggest using the "show route" button to show the complete route of the flight.

Comment

... As mentioned in a previous wish item
                        - it would be nice to be able to be able to save a Google Earth KML file for a flight / historic flight with points plotted at - say - 15s intervals, this would allow view of taxi stages as well as combining flight sections (multiple KML files) where FR24 have split the (historic) flight into sections as it comes into cover.

Comment

Yes I've just had a quick look at QFA1 which is currently about half way across Australia having departed SYD and the entire track is still in view. I guess it's a bit like the guy who goes to the optometrist and says I think I need glasses. The optometrist takes him outside and tells him to look up and tell him what he can see. The guy says "I can see the clouds, the sky and the sun". The optometrist then says "well, the sun is 93,000,00 miles away, how far do you want to be able to see"? (yes I wear glasses btw).

Obviously in this case (with the map) we need to use some common sense and accept that there will always be limitations to what any map can possibly display and that we'd all like more functionality etc. However at the moment I cant afford a super computer so I'm rather glad it is as it is. There has to be lines drawn somewhere (no pun intended) and I think we are very, very fortunate indeed to be able to see what we can do. As Mike says we can always use 'show route' if that's what anyone requires.

I've just tried a couple of random examples of the 'show route' function and in general terms it seems to work satisfactorily, depending on the radars at the dep/arr airports and whether they can display ground traffic as Oblivian originally noted.

There's also more than one way to skin a cat.

Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-31, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            To reduce server capacity, network data transfer and your computer processing capacity, FR24 only loads the position data from the area you are currently viewing. If you are trying to view an area outside if the position of the aircraft the data is cut off. So if you look on Japan you load data for Japan. If you now click on an aircraft over Japan and see it has taken off in USA and move the map to USA, map will now load USA data instead of Japan data, that is why you loose the aircraft.

I suggest using the "show route" button to show the complete route of the flight.
                            All clear now. I was messing up the chrome tryng to sort this out.
                            Tnx
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
                            X