Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software Glitch - FR displaying stacked/staggered aircraft. faulty location data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wally3178 View Post
    I chose that level of zoom to display all of the occurrences (circled in red), zooming in made absolutely no difference except to show that multiple A/C were parked on the same square metre of tarmac or residential neighbourhood, whichever the case may be. However there is one thing that I did neglect to mention in my earlier post, and that is the Lat/Long indications for individual A/C. In almost every case, whenever the 'glitch' occurs, the last two digits of the coordinates have been dropped; for example 25.2448/55.3695 becomes 25.24/55.36 respectively.

Cheers,

Wal
    Rodger Rodger.

Unos momentos. Will see if similar can be said for where I saw it happening

/edit blast. have to wait for peak hours again
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Typo, it's a typo!! It should read YNHL which is my closest airport, Nhill, VIC.

I post once in a blue moon and I make a typo......sheesh!!

Wal
      Sorry Wal,

I didnt mean to frighten you mate, I just saw the YDMB and the YHNL and couldnt understand the discrepeancy. We've had quite a few odd radar codes and I wasnt sure where the mistake lay. I couldnt find either ICAO code so my head was in something of a spin. I certainly wasnt having a go at you or anybody else.

And as I said before, greetings to you too. Cheers and beers, as you say.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-16, 09:36.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        Hi Oblivian... I was referring to the original picture on post #1 on the thread - not yours
        Hi Peterhr, the pic on my original post is OMDB.

Cheers,

Wal

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Rodger Rodger.

Unos momentos. Will see if similar can be said for where I saw it happening

/edit blast. have to wait for peak hours again
          Does NZAA have a peak hour?? Don't blink, you might miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr
            Hi Oblivian... I was referring to the original picture on post #1 on the thread - not yours

It's Dubai http://www.flightradar24.com/25.26,-304.63/14

My browser (chrome on w7 pro x64) is showing it correctly.

Though AIR15 seems to be the type of track I get from my GPS logger driving to work - following roads in from the suburbs, through junctions etc (neatly avoiding buildings)
            I'm not ruling out an occasional server cluster sync prob..

Does NZAA have a peak hour?? Don't blink, you might miss it.
            Cheeky but yes, as with NZCH where the intl's flow in after about 2200-0100 theres a 1hr period daily where NZAA gets 3 EK A380s back-to-back, and add to that the domestic and extra air-freight (PST) flights.. it can be busy for a few hours at a time during the day with ground staff and security patrols too
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
              Sorry Wal,

I didnt mean to frighten you mate, I just saw the YDMB and the YHNL and couldnt understand the discrepeancy. We've had quite a few odd radar codes and I wasnt sure where the mistake lay. I certainly wasnt having a go at you or anybody else.

And as I said before, greetings to you too. Cheers and beers, as you say.

Regards,
              Gregg
              S'ok Gregg I spook easily lol. The YDMB stands for Dimboola which used to have an airfield but is fell into disuse and is now just a helipad for emergency services and police helicopters. YDMB used to be a satellite airfield for YNHL back in the days when RAAF pilot training was carried out there. There were other satellites at Warracknabeal and Edenhope as well as numerous farm strips which were utilized in an emergency, an all too frequent occurrence back in the days when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Wal

Comment

S'ok Gregg I spook easily lol. The YDMB stands for Dimboola which used to have an airfield but is fell into disuse and is now just a helipad for emergency services and police helicopters. YDMB used to be a satellite airfield for YNHL back in the days when RAAF pilot training was carried out there. There were other satellites at Warracknabeal and Edenhope as well as numerous farm strips which were utilized in an emergency, an all too frequent occurrence back in the days when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Wal
                Thanks for that interesting history Wal, and with that last quip you just cured my migraine.
                Now, back to the cricket amd wooping the poms.

Regards,
                Gregg
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                X