No announcement yet.

Reporting radar down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as stated in the FAQ we don't comment when/why receivers are down and when/if they will be back.

Last week Flightradar24.com had coverage in my area, but not any more. Why?
    Flightradar24.com is a network of receivers around the world. Some receivers are online 24/7 and others are only online from time to time. There are many reasons why a receiver is offline. There can be a technical problems with the receiver, with the antenna, with the computer or with the Internet connection. There is also a possibility that the owner of the receiver has closed down his receiver. With over 2000 receivers connected to the network, Flightradar24 cannot tell why different receivers are offline, and when they will be back online. If you want to be sure to have coverage in your area, buy a receiver and connect it to Flightradar24

All FR24 receiver are monitored 24/7 and together with the receiver hosts we do everything we can to keep receivers up as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      {snip}

If you want to be sure to have coverage in your area, buy a receiver and connect it to Flightradar24 [/I]

{snip}.
      Absolutely - It can cost $20 for an RTL dongle based reciver that works with your windows PC, add $50 for a Raspberry Pi plus a few small parts and you'll have your own low power receiver that will run 24/7.
      People here will help you if you get stuck setting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Just as stated in the FAQ we don't comment when/why receivers are down and when/if they will be back.

Last week Flightradar24.com had coverage in my area, but not any more. Why?
        Flightradar24.com is a network of receivers around the world. Some receivers are online 24/7 and others are only online from time to time. There are many reasons why a receiver is offline. There can be a technical problems with the receiver, with the antenna, with the computer or with the Internet connection. There is also a possibility that the owner of the receiver has closed down his receiver. With over 2000 receivers connected to the network, Flightradar24 cannot tell why different receivers are offline, and when they will be back online. If you want to be sure to have coverage in your area, buy a receiver and connect it to Flightradar24

All FR24 receiver are monitored 24/7 and together with the receiver hosts we do everything we can to keep receivers up as much as possible.
        Mike, i'm aware of that. Reason for asking is in post#1

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-15, 19:36.
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
        X