Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting radar down

Mike,

Radar F-LIBD1 & F-LIBN1 are down for days now.

Maybe they are online but don't send any data same as last time.
    For official support use Contact Form

Originally posted by Amper View Post
    Mike,

Radar F-LIBD1 & F-LIBN1 are down for days now.

Maybe they are online but don't send any data same as last time.
    That may be better on the requests/add-ons for the feeder station list (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...r-Station-List) for it to be looked at there, although receivers all over the place are sometimes down for all manner of reasons e.g. holidays, computer issues etc. Unfortunately I cant move it for you or I would do so to help you out. If they are deemed to be in the wrong place, likely your post and my response will be oblitereated if history is any guide.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-12, 23:18.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

A month ago same thing happen' with F-LIBD1 and receiver was online but no data sent to fr24. Then FR24 system don't recognize that radar is down and no e-mail alert is sent. I just want to inform Mike that radars are off. I don't think that it's requests/add-ons for the feeder station list related. But if someone think so, feel free to relocate the post or even delete it after FR24 team is informed
      Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-12, 17:04.

Comment

A month ago same thing happen' with F-LIBD1 and receiver was online but no data sent to fr24. Then FR24 system don't recognize that radar is down and no e-mail alert is sent. I just want to inform Mike that radars are off. I don't think that it's requests/add-ons for the feeder station list related. But if someone think so, feel free to relocate the post.
        Thanks Amper,
        That's the usual thread for keeping track of feeders, although in the past they've really shown no interest at all in individual radar's being offline due to the reasons I gave in the previous post (and it is a difficult job to do). Perhaps they may be interested in yours, who knows. With the old system it was extremely easy to see who was online and offline but that website is now defunct.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-12, 17:04.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
          although in the past they've really shown no interest at all in individual radar's being offline
          Not entirely true as we closely monitor our own equipment. There will be many reasons why a receiver may be offline and we are continually in contact with our hosts to ensure maximum uptime.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
            Not entirely true as we closely monitor our own equipment. There will be many reasons why a receiver may be offline and we are continually in contact with our hosts to ensure maximum uptime.
            Just curious, do you remote reboot or something if the box has seen no aircraft for - say - 24 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
              Not entirely true;
              I can only speak from experience. You may closely monitor your own equipment (and probably rightly so) but as a long standing feeder since before the days of 'T' and 'F' feeders, I've never had any contact whatsoever if my radar has been offline, or if it's been online come to think of it. If you had done so I'd have told you I'm a very sick man trying to do an extremely difficult job in extremely difficult circumstances. If you kept 'close contact' you'd know all that. I did explain in my first post (above) that there may be many reasons as to why an individual receiver may be offline.

Regards,
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-12, 21:10.

Comment

I think T feeders are not contacted because they are volunteers and are not obliged to feed with their equipment.. I know plenty of them who say they engage themselves when they want. I think these same people would not like to be disturbed with mails whenever off. F feeders are required to be online 24/7 because they agreed to it when they sign up, and therefore they can be contacted when offline

Comment

I think T feeders are not contacted because they are volunteers and are not obliged to feed with their equipment.. I know plenty of them who say they engage themselves when they want. I think these same people would not like to be disturbed with mails whenever off. F feeders are required to be online 24/7 because they agreed to it when they sign up, and therefore they can be contacted when offline
                  Maybe, if FR24 wants, T- feeders should have an option they can be emailed as well when they are offline.
                  I guess this could be done via Premium. Radar+email connected.

I been checking my own radar almost daily now, because at one moment in time the receiver was online, but the radar stopped working on the website. I had to reboot the receiver in order for it to appear again.
                  Now it has been online and working since that day, so there will be a day i will stop checking if the receiver is working. Then the email system is very handy. I would think the same would apply fo 24/7 feeding T- radars.

Comment

That is good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                      Maybe, if FR24 wants, T- feeders should have an option they can be emailed as well when they are offline.

I been checking my own radar almost daily now, because at one moment in time the receiver was online, but the radar stopped working on the website. I had to reboot the receiver in order for it to appear again.
                      Now it has been online and working since that day, so there will be a day i will stop checking if the receiver is working. Then the email system is very handy. I would think the same would apply fo 24/7 feeding T- radars.
                      Excellent point. And you do need to monitor your own feed so you can check if it's offline (I've had this occur due to local issues here and due to issues with the Australia/New Zealand server).
                      Thanks,
                      Regards,
                      Gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-12, 23:23.

Comment

Hopefully we will soon have the feeder statistics for T-feeders as well, which will be a great help to keep an eye on your feed. And it may by it self boost the interest for the data one is feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post

Take that one step further, two check boxes:
                          [ ] Please email me if my radar has not sent you any aircraft positions for [nnn] hours
                          [ ] Please reboot my system if my radar has not sent you any aircraft positions for [nnn] hours.

The second on is much more controversial especially if you are using a windows PC or something, but if you are using a Pi or FR24 box that runs un-attended would be great. The reboot would be done by the feeder software (if it's still talking to mother) ... and of course is voluntary. (actually could be done with a parameter on the feeder command line or in the GUI - like the feeder ident parameter)

Comment

Any news about radars from the post#1 ?

Comment

F-LIBN1- back online
                              F-LIBD1- still down?

Comment

Working...
                              X