• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR! In Russia, Novosibirsk (OVB)

//////////////////////////////////
    самолёт.png

Originally posted by bigus View Post
    //////////////////////////////////
    You havent given us much to go on but that isnt necessarily an error. As discussed in other threads, some aircraft arent accurate with their positioning information and can 'appear' to land off the runway. Also, the map may not be up to date with local changes (i.e. new runways). I couldnt locate that flight in the database so with so little info to go on (it's 01:30 am here at the moment) there's not a lot we can do. Do you have any further info re the aircraft type?

From further investigation it seems to be an Ikar Airlines 767 from what I can make out of their fleet so the above information applies re older aircraft and their inaccurate plotting due to their old global positioning instruments in the aircraft.

NOT an FR24 issue.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-11, 14:46.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

not error?!

самолёт2.jpg
      самолёт3.jpg
      самолёт4.jpg
      самолёт5.jpg

Comment

looks as if either google has to move the airport or the FR24 projections may need a tweak. I'm sure the tech guys will take a look at it. T-UNNT3 may also not be picking up the best of signals at low level.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-12, 06:20.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Sometimes the Google satellite images are misplaced slightly,
          sometimes [older] planes have ADSB driven from inertial systems and can be out of position at the end of a flight,
          sometimes FR24 mapping projects where the flight night a few seconds after the signal has been lost - possibly because the aircraft has gone too low for any of the feeders to get a signal from it (you can see this effect at many airports most often after landing, but also where planes suddenly appear after take off but not having been seen on the ground)

Comment

Working...
          X