Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 Premium disconnects

Hi,

Why is it so that I have to enter my email and password every day when opening the Flightradar24 website? Is it not supposed to stay connected as long as I do not log into more than three locations?

Same question goes for the FR24 Premium app for iPad. Why do I, every two or three days, have to log into the app again?

With a rather complex password this is really a hassle... Is it not possible to let it stay logged in?

It would also really help with more than three possible logins as I own a laptop, desktop, iPad and iPhone. As it is today I cannot stay logged in on all my devices. And with the repeatedly disconnects especially on the iPad, I tend to use the free version of Flightradar24 instead...

I’ve not come across many services that make the free version easier and faster to use than the paid version…

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this on my end.

The biggest difference between FR24 and other web pages is the continuous data consumption. If you visit Google.com, Facebook.com, Wikipedia.org, CNN.com or most other web pages on the Internet you just download the web page with all the content and after that data download stops. When you visit FR24 you continuously download the positions of all aircraft for the time you keep the browser open. With about 500.000 visitors per day and an increasing number of aircraft that generates enormous amounts of data. That is why we have the time out after 30 minutes to stop unused and forgotten browsers to continue downloading data.

For premium users we remove the time out limit, but we have a limit to 3 sessions. One session is every time you log in on premium. So once you create a 4 session (log in 4 time, the first session is terminated), so my recommendation is not to log out, and you don't have to log in again on the same unit. Another very common problem is software that is blocking, cleaning or removing cookies. When you log in, the session is stored inside a "cookie" and if you block or delete it, you need to log in again next time you visit FR24, which generates a new session.

Cookies are small text files containing only text. Only the same web page that created the cookie can read the content of the cookie. FR24 can't read your Google-cookie, and Google can't read your FR24-cookie. The data in the cookie is completely harmless and there is no personal information. A cookie is NOT slowing down the computer and if someone for some reason would get your FR24 cookie there is noting he/she can do with the information. Cookies are completely safe! This is an example of what my FR24 cookie is containing right now.

www.flightradar24.com TRUE / FALSE 1418038781 map_filter radar/b/T-MLAT/b/undefined/a/radar/b/T-MLAT2/b/undefined/a/
    www.flightradar24.com TRUE / FALSE 1418038782 map_lat 51.13472412129267
    www.flightradar24.com TRUE / FALSE 1418038782 map_lon 11.55340698242183
    www.flightradar24.com TRUE / FALSE 1418038782 map_zoom 6

You can see that I have 2 MLAT filters set, and I have a position on the middle of Europe set with zoom level 6. Neither my name or my card number or any other personal information is stored in the cookie. There is absolutely nothing harmful in the cookie, and by cleaning the cookie you only have to set all settings again.

If you need to use your premium account with more than 3 sessions (3 units) I can only recommend to keep the password shorter or easier to type.

Comment

But how hard can it be to keep the user logged in but just stop the data flow?

Now i have to login each time i have closed and reopened google chrome. (Or 3x as explained above.)
      If you can detect a user closing/opening the browser and that way stop data flow, why can't you just keep the user logged in and start the data flow again once the browser is completely closed and reopened.

You can open two google chrome sessions and open FR24 in both of them, and switch between the sessions (2 tasks) by closing and opening FR24 in the TABS.
      This is the way i make clean screenshots without having to relogin all the time.

However, if you close google chrome completely, after 3x i have to relogin again. Which makes no sense. If you can detect a user's session you can detect whether to open the data flow or not.

Comment

Your cookies are disabled. That is the reason for loging every time

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
          But how hard can it be to keep the user logged in but just stop the data flow?
          Why should be stop data flow to a logged in user?

Now i have to login each time i have closed and reopened google chrome. (Or 3x as explained above.)
          If you can detect a user closing/opening the browser and that way stop data flow, why can't you just keep the user logged in and start the data flow again once the browser is completely closed and reopened.

You can open two google chrome sessions and open FR24 in both of them, and switch between the sessions (2 tasks) by closing and opening FR24 in the TABS.
          This is the way i make clean screenshots without having to relogin all the time.

However, if you close google chrome completely, after 3x i have to relogin again. Which makes no sense. If you can detect a user's session you can detect whether to open the data flow or not.
          We can't detect anything if you disable/delete cookies. As I wrote and explained above, cookies are absolutely safe and there is absolutely no reason to block or remove them. FR24 and many other web pages will not work if you block/remove cookies and if you decide to take this step you have to take the consequences.

Opening a new tab is not a new session. A new session = when you log in again.

Comment

So, http://forum.flightradar24.com/ login is remembered for ever.
            And, http://flightradar24.com/ premium login is forgotten after a few times closing/reopening the browser.
            Not only me, but thousands of people have this issue with FR24 premium and this is my problem because of cookies?

Amper??

Edit:
            BTW i do not block/remove/disable cookies. I am going Google Chrome default as its downloaded like millions of people on this planet. All (auto) updated.
            Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8.0/8.1 all same issue.
            Last edited by Jarod; 2013-12-08, 13:14.

Comment

So, http://forum.flightradar24.com/ login is remembered for ever.
              And, http://flightradar24.com/ premium login is forgotten after a few times closing/reopening the browser.
              Not only me, but thousands of people have this issue with FR24 premium.
              How do you know that thousands of users have this problem? I have not logged in for weeks. Cookies can be deleted by many other softwares, like anti virus software.

Comment

I use an exception for https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ in Chrome / Settings.

Go to privacy and select 'Content Settings'
                Then in Cookies, select 'Allow local data to be set'
                Then in 'Cookie and site data exceptions' insert 'https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium' (Without the ' at each end) then select 'Allow'
                Then select 'Done', this way my cookies for Premium never get deleted.

Also when logging into Premium tick 'Remember me box'
                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-08, 14:35.
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  How do you know that thousands of users have this problem? I have not logged in for weeks. Cookies can be deleted by many other softwares, like anti virus software.
                  Because everyone i know who uses FR24 and using premium have this problem.
                  At home on 3 computers i have this problem, on my work i have this problem, so assuming thousands with all the visitors you got, i am fairly close i think.

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                  I use an exception for https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ in Chrome / Settings.

Go to privacy and select 'Content Settings'
                  Then in Cookies, select 'Allow local data to be set'
                  Then in 'Cookie and site data exceptions' insert 'https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium' (Without the ' at each end) then select 'Allow'
                  Then select 'Done', this way my cookies for Premium never get deleted.

Also when logging into Premium tick 'Remember me box'
                  Allow local data to be set is the default setting for cookies.
                  Setting the host premium.flightradar24.com does not help (adding anything behind .com is cut off as its not part of the hostname.)

The cookies are stored just fine, just the premium login is not remembered.

Mike, can you tell me which cookies store the premium login settings? I have cleaned all *flightradar24* cookies and relogged in, this is what i got now:

flightradar24 website logged in premium:

flightradar24.com cookies:

www.flightradar24.com cookies:

forum.flightradar24.com cookies:

Extra: I now also have to relogin to premium each time i have closed the browser.
                  And as you can see storing cookies works just fine.

After restarting the browser and relogin to premium i got the premium cookie domain added:

Is there some data not stored maybe?
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2013-12-08, 17:55.

Comment

Because everyone i know who uses FR24 and using premium have this problem.
                    At home on 3 computers i have this problem, on my work i have this problem, so assuming thousands with all the visitors you got, i am fairly close i think.

Allow local data to be set is the default setting for cookies.
                    Setting the host premium.flightradar24.com does not help (adding anything behind .com is cut off as its not part of the hostname.)

The cookies are stored just fine, just the premium login is not remembered.

Extra: I now also have to relogin to premium each time i have closed the browser.
                    And as you can see storing cookies works just fine.
                    After restarting the browser and relogin to premium i got the premium cookie domain added:
                    I have just closed Chrome and restarted my PC without having to login to Premium.

Here is a screenshot of my cookie preferences.
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

That's not working for me. That is also not as it should be.
                      Lets await Mike's answer and see where it goes wrong.

(This has been an issue for months if not years.)

Let me find the other thread... And here it is: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...etting-problem
                      And here is my reply, the last one: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post30930

(Maybe merge threads, make it sticky, make a poll? Until the issue has been solved.)

Since that day i just lived with it. But now it's time to solve this issue once and for all. I personally don't mind, but i can see how this is very annoying and could put off people.
                      I gladly help/test anything you want.

Just let me know...

Edit:
                      Just let us know which cookie stored the premium login data, so we can check on it's expiry date. That would be a good start.
                      Last edited by Jarod; 2013-12-08, 19:10.

Comment

I have just tested to restart browser about 30 times, and I'm stilled logged in. Are you sure that you are not running any other software in your computer that may be blocking/removing/deleting your cookies? Anti virus software like Norton Antivirus are very common to do this.

Comment

Sometimes it helps to check the obvious. Make sure you are not using "icognito" mode of Chrome and that you check the remember me box when logging in. This happen to me one time and it took me a while to realize it was due to the icognito mode.
                          F-KTMB1

Comment

Originally posted by ko4e View Post
                            Sometimes it helps to check the obvious. Make sure you are not using "icognito" mode of Chrome and that you check the remember me box when logging in. This happen to me one time and it took
                            me a while to realize it was due to the icognito mode.
                            Read more below, but EVERYTHING else works, except the fr24 premium login.
                            Map location/settings/forum everything works fine on flightradar24.com ...

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I have just tested to restart browser about 30 times, and I'm stilled logged in. Are you sure that you are not running any other software in your computer that may be blocking/removing/deleting your cookies? Anti virus software like Norton Antivirus are very common to do this.

I have disabled Microsoft Security Essentials (which also thousands use), i have allowed *.flightradar24.com in adblock (the ads appeared).
                            Again, on all sites i am on, all settings... even on flightradar24.com cookies work fine. Just not for the premium login.
                            There isn't a single site that i can think of where my cookies aren't working, except....

And apparently i am not the only one. I am quite sure it's a cookie problem.
                            Mike, could you tell me (in pirvate if needed) in which cookie the premium login info is stored?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggorm View Post
                              Hi,

Why is it so that I have to enter my email and password every day when opening the Flightradar24 website? Is it not supposed to stay connected as long as I do not log into more than three locations?

Same question goes for the FR24 Premium app for iPad. Why do I, every two or three days, have to log into the app again?

With a rather complex password this is really a hassle... Is it not possible to let it stay logged in?

It would also really help with more than three possible logins as I own a laptop, desktop, iPad and iPhone. As it is today I cannot stay logged in on all my devices. And with the repeatedly disconnects especially on the iPad, I tend to use the free version of Flightradar24 instead...

I’ve not come across many services that make the free version easier and faster to use than the paid version…

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this on my end.
                              So a long story short: They have no idea.
                              We offer to help, but no reaction. A simple we're looking into it, or answering the questions asked with sure <info here> or i cannot give you this information because <reason here>.
                              But nothing.

So for the last time i offer my help to investigate on this issue, if still ignored, well, i would know what i would do...

Comment

Working...
                              X