Map should show my position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map should show my position

The user should be allowed to enter the coordinates of his position into the settings,
    enabling a pin to be shown there on the map always.

This is not possible given the information is pulled from a remote server and does not interact with your browser.

And I don't want to know where every user is. And I'm pretty sure I know where I live so don't need to show myself a pin on the map either.

Your request is not only short. But not clear enough.

Cookies will open the fr24 page at your last location
    You can save 'bookmarks' for your own area if this is what you are wanting.
    If you have a receiver Use virtual radar or Radarview which are customizable to do such a request for your own local view only.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Actually if Google cookies could make their way through,
      one could see the map with placenames in their preferred language,
      as well as home and work pins perhaps,
      You can use your Google Account home and work addresses to personalize your experience across Google products. If you set a home and work address for your Google Account, you’ll get more relevant res

No, one needs not know where other users are.

Comment

I don't want people to know exactly where my radar is - there are too many people who are interested in knowing when someone is 'not at home' and that it is a good time for them to make an uninvited visit.

Paranoia? - maybe!

Comment

Who ever said they wanted other people's positions indicated?
          Does Google show other people's "home" and "work"?

Comment

I'm sorry, but we have currently no plans on adding user location to map.

Comment

Originally posted by jidanni View Post
              The user should be allowed to enter the coordinates of his position into the settings,
              enabling a pin to be shown there on the map always.
              I don't want to be another target for the Drones.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

An addition I'd like too see in FR24 detailed view of a flight is the full name of the airport related to the feeder location in the same way as the departure and arrival airport are shown in the upper part when the mouse hovers on the IATA codes.
                T-LIML5

Comment

Hi
                  Is there any move on that subject ?
                  On the web map, I'd like to enter the coordinates of my position into the settings, so as to allow a 'recenter' arrow (just like in the android app.
                  I think it was available for the users on a subscription plan
                  Thanks for any update.

Comment

Originally posted by PJV View Post
                    Hi
                    Is there any move on that subject ?
                    On the web map, I'd like to enter the coordinates of my position into the settings, so as to allow a 'recenter' arrow (just like in the android app.
                    I think it was available for the users on a subscription plan
                    Thanks for any update.
                    Edit/create a favourite URL. Ensure the co-ordinates included in the address bar

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Well, to refresh the whole screen, don't even need that. Just https://www.flightradar24.com/ will do and it will be centered on my position.

I'd like to have my position pinned on 'my' map and to have a pointer tool to click for centering the view on that position, leaving the current aircraf(s) selected, followed,...

Exactly the same as in the Android app.

The web component is able to read my settings (cookies ?) and behave accordingly. Should be possible to display a blue dot at set coordinates, shouldn't ?

Comment

Reloading goes to the last location
                        If you want to go 'home' at a push of a button, you NEED to save the url with the position

Web browser functions don't have a gps module tracking your movements evey few seconds, so can't jump to current location like a mobile

​​​​​​and if they had shown an interest in adding, this threads wouldn't have sat dead for 5yrs like it was.

Comment

Working...
                        X