Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies feeder, Feeders location map & my own feed view ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amper View Post
    http://dx.com/p/rtl2832u-r820t-mini-...urce=affiliate
    your affiliate link dongle is 75 ohm input

I was just about to point out. Every time you click it, he is getting points from the company
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      I was just about to point out. Every time you click it, he is getting points from the company
      Each time you click the link, I receive NOTHING AT ALL. Read the affiliate program terms, much the same as many other places (eBay, Amazon, and so on...). As long as I know that's not an illegal practice, and there's nothing written down on this forum against this kind of links.
      Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

I don't mind if you get 200 000 € per click but it is affiliate link

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

You're right, and this one isn't: R820T dongle

Can you find any difference in the final product? Does this one work any better?
          Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

i gave all relevant info on the subject (knowlege i have), over and out..... 73
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by POR911 View Post
              Yes, I wondered if this was the case. As you say It may be a combination of some one close is no longer feeding FR24 or possibly the main feed antenna that used to give great coverage has issues. Thank you for response. I may have to look at getting a feed set up.

Do I presume(dangerous thing to do....) that as I am 8 kms from the YBBN tower, I can receive airport communications, including ground ok and I have a 360 degree view from my roof mounted Discone, an ADS-B box with suitable antenna may work ok?
              POR911,
              I'm a newbie, just wanting to put my 2$ worth in here if that's OK.....
              I also enjoyed YBBN's coverage of BNE's AP, could see the planes at the Hard Tack then taxi out and take off, was wondering why planes dropped off the screen about the 3,000 foot level.
              Your thoughts of getting another feed setup is a very good idea, and hope you impliment it, would like to know what happened to YBBN though...... he did a fantastic job, maybe it is the cable, we had a lot of storms lately and water might have got into it from the screw on connector at the antenna......

For anyone wondering about my setup, I'm Jim, at Warra F-YMHU1
              Seems my coverage reaches about 50 klicks out into the bay, out to Mitchel, down into NSW a little and up out to Gladstone.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                POR911,
                I'm a newbie, just wanting to put my 2$ worth in here if that's OK.....

For anyone wondering about my setup, I'm Jim, at Warra F-YMHU1
                Seems my coverage reaches about 50 klicks out into the bay, out to Mitchel, down into NSW a little and up out to Gladstone.
                Hi Jim,
                Great to hear from you, though a little confused as to your actual location. I thought Warra was near Toowoomba, though YMHU is in the NT at Mcarthur River, A place I used to fly air charters to many years ago when I was based in Mount Isa in the 60 and 70's...Yeah, I'm an old sod^^^^

It is a shame that the great YBBN feed died. Loved that feed. While several others have all tried, and are ok above 3000 feet, they all seem to have a low height issue and traffic drops off the screen. Would love to know where the other feed's antenna was...I would go and service it myself, if this was the issue^^^ If he can't get the time to fix it.....
                The other morning I did a quick check of the some major cities in QLD and the capital cities in Australia on FR24. A very simplistic observation of the airport and the arrivals/taxying/departures. Sorry if I missed any...Here is what I found:
                YBBN - The strongest feed we seem to have is F-YBBN1, which is located in Toowoomba. His feed will not show any traffic below about 2500-3000 feet. There are other local feeds in and around Brisbane that seem to be isolated in their geographical areas, but not as strong as F-YBBN1...which the other feeds hand over to. Even from that distance. Shows what a good box and great height can achieve.

YSSY - The strongest feed there was T-YSSY7. This feed shows all arrivals/taxying/departures. %^&*Superb....Love watching this feed coupled with LiveATC. There were other feeds on long approach/departure, enroute but all ultimately handed over to T-YSSY7

YSCB - The strongest feed there was T-YSCB1. This feed shows all arrivals/taxying/departures. At that time, there were no other feeds indicated.

YMML - The strongest feed there was T-YMML3. This feed shows all arrivals to 700feet /departures. No other feed could show taxying.

YPAD - The strongest feed there was T-YPAD2. This feed shows all arrivals/taxying/departures. Other feeds such as T-YPAD3 and 9 seems to feed traffic when arriving/departing, but T-YPAD2 handled all taxying.

YPPH - The strongest feed there was T-YPPH2 and 3. These feeds showed all arrivals/taxying/departures. There were several others who handled arriving/departing traffic, but T-YPPH2 and 3 were great on the ground. Like YSSY, were great when paired with LiveATC

YPDN - The strongest feed there was T- YDDN1 AND 2. I noticed though that T-YDDN1 fed the arrivals/taxying/departures

YBCS - The strongest feed there was T- YBCS1 and 5. This feed showed arrivals/departures to/from 500 feet.

YBTL - The strongest feed there was T - YBTL1. This feed showed all arrivals/taxying/departures. Great feed.

There maybe other feeds that for one reason or another were not up that day and or time. Is what I was trying to show was the coverage at out airports and those that some action is needed to improve viability.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Sunplop View Post
                  Thank you for these information !
                  Now, I can see my coverage directly with dump1090 on port 8080.

For the link to Google feeders map, I don't see my location ! May be at next update of the map database that appear...
                  Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  As pointed out, this data is out of FR24 staff control - is not based on official Data from FR24. But a user who decided to do it.
                  how does this work?
                  i ve tried to configure the Flightradar24 Feeder/Decoder
                  Linux/generic/armv7l/1.0.13-2 in the settings menue "Process arguments:" with the option for dump1090 with
                  the command "--net --net-http-port 8888" but when i open a browser with fr24feed ip:8888 nothing happens.
                  what i am doing wrong?
                  Last edited by LOWL1; 2015-05-20, 07:39.

Comment

Working...
                  X