Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-WBGG1, Please forgive me

F-WBGG1 Please forgive me.

I almost enter your territory without your permission.

I did some minor adjustments to my antenna system and this is the result.

3 Nov 2013 flight until near Sambas Borneo.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    F-WBGG1 Please forgive me.

I almost enter your territory without your permission.

I did some minor adjustments to my antenna system and this is the result.
    Birdie it is difficult to detect "continuation to enhance user experience" with the F boxes since you have no independent base station to verify you are actually receiving signals and messages from targets.

In the real world, T boxes in particular lose tracking updating due to terrain (either man-made or natural including curvature of the earth) and if there is a collaborating T box the FR24 map will automatically switch attribution to the most current active report. When no collaboration is available the target times out and disappears from the FR24 map.

F boxes on the other hand allow acquisition of targets and maintenance of pseudo-tracking by "continuation to enhance user experience" to avoid timeouts which makes them appear to suck the air out of collaborating T box sites tracking the same target. It is extremely rare to observe the changeover from F to T box targets but if info is noted at the precise instant the reported air speed will be zero. The F box timeout pseudo tracking has no air speed to report.

Birdie, observe your max range over a few days and see if you get different results when F-WBGG1 is online. Perhaps they had a brownout during your observations.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post

F boxes on the other hand allow acquisition of targets and maintenance of<b> pseudo-tracking by "continuation to enhance user experience" to avoid timeouts </b>which makes them appear to suck the air out of collaborating T box sites tracking the same target.

http://fr24.com/9.15,124.03/7
      Does this mean that up to date and accurate data from T- radars is ignored in favour of faked data from F- radars. No wonder the F- radars are faster boxes if they report what they might see and dont need any input.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        Does this mean that up to date and accurate data from T- radars is ignored in favour of faked data from F- radars. No wonder the F- radars are faster boxes if they report what they might see and dont need any input.
        Pete your guess is as good as mine. Pseudo-tracking is out of our hands but determined by the whim of the day at the server in Sweden.

Seems like a few that have both F-box and T-box have relegated the T-box to backup or door stop status and the discussion of the hypothetical reasons has resulted in locked or near locked topics.

John

T-RPVD1

Comment

We have already discussed this matter in another thread. I have clearly explained how it works. So please keep your conspiracy theories out of the thread.

Comment

just to say...not true!
            on the map:my T-dongle takes over the blind spot i have with F-box (cca 30sec) , and then F' take it again...better positioned antenna!
            regarding app on LDDU
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Excellent - a clear reply to the post I was responding to. Sometimes this is better than mentioning a past post others may not have seen.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

The original intention of this thread was about the proper installation and adjustment of the antenna to improve reception - not to re-start the conspiracy theory.

I have run the F-box and T-box in parallel using the same antenna and discovered some thing interesting - some flights not detected by the F-box got captured by the T-box.
                Last edited by Birdie; 2013-11-08, 01:16. Reason: F-box and T-box
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

I have discovered something else, i have also emailed support, but maybe others can help me.

I have noticed my FR24 receiver is not picking up any aircraft right now.
                  ADS-B data is working great (430+km range + all ground cars visible, at Amsterdam Schiphol) and GPS only flashes green.
                  Last log entries show that data is transfered.

However my radar isn't picking up any aircraft what so ever and in the filter list my radar also does not appear, confirming the first.
                  I won't reboot the receiver just yet so support can investigate what's going on, but everything seems to be working just fine, except not showing up on the website.

Comment

that happend a few day ago to someone, i think reboot is solution
                    F-LIBD1 is down since sunday, and Mike told me he is online....but no data on the map
                    Last edited by Amper; 2013-11-08, 06:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                      that happend a few day ago to someone, i think reboot is solution
                      F-LIBD1 is down since sunday, and Mike told me he is online....but no data on the map
                      I rebooted the server, and now it's working again.

Comment

FR24 is monitoring receiver online status and sends mails if down for some time, but I think the sistem doesn't recognize that problem.
                        It's up to us to check from time to time, is everything ok .
                        Last edited by Amper; 2013-11-08, 11:40. Reason: F-LIBD is back online

Comment

I finally intruded into F-WBGG1 backyard. Sorry !

So surprising because it happened when there is a thunderstorm going on in WSSS.

15 Nov 2013 F-WSSS1 reached Sambas Borneo.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X