• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended range Airbus A318

Just spotted this one !!
    APC - 2013.10.15 18.38 - 003.3d.jpg

Must have big tanks

John
    T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Not really.
    It only carries a small number of passengers and tops up the tanks at Shannon before heading West.
    The return flight from JFK is direct to London City.

Comment

Wow, did wonder if it was an error as the track came out of Limerick ?, but it indicated departure as LCY. Thanks for that, must track it again for interest. Presume they would top up at Shannon on the return leg if the Jet Stream was not good ?
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamili...8/performance/

The A318 seats 107 passengers in a typical two-class cabin layout over a range of up to 3,250 nm/6,000 km, powered by CFM56-5 or PW6000 engines.
        I think BA have installed 32 seats in their A318 so the range should be even bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamili...8/performance/

I think BA have installed 32 seats in their A318 so the range should be even bigger.
          Yep just found an article from the Daily Telegraph about it - but there is one sting in the tail with only 32 seats :
          Quote from article:
          As my taxi sets off, I ponder whether BA will succeed where other business-only services have failed. Admittedly Eos, Maxjet and Silverjet flew from Stansted or Luton, but BA’s fares starting at 2,000 return from London City are nearly two times higher than theirs, though only just more than what BA charges for business-class seats on its Heathrow services. Even so, it seems dear, even for the affluent folk of the Square Mile and Canary Wharf, for what is essentially a glorified indirect outbound flight, albeit with incredibly quick transfers. The non-stop return leg is a different story.

Comment

Working...
          X