Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight radar Toulouse

It seems FR24 encounters currently some Rx problem in the vincinity of TLS
    Depending on the source used LFBO1 or LFBD4 planes are shifted east(LFBD4)-west(LFBO1) of approx 3 or 4 km
    flradar24..005_14102013_144535.jpg
    Probably not a big problem
    Last edited by PhilDur; 2013-10-14, 12:56.

Maybe, a new FR24 receiver should be located there to track new AirBus planes.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

We have a FR24 receiver installed at the roof of one Airbus building at Toulouse airport. This is how we can track how all new Airbus aircraft taxi around in airport area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        We have a FR24 receiver installed at the roof of one Airbus building at Toulouse airport. This is how we can track how all new Airbus aircraft taxi around in airport area.
        Yess, and I guess that it's T-LFBO1 and when displaying planes from it planes are perfectly located, when "seen" (see the special note at the end)
        but when planes in Toulouse are seen under T-LFBD4 they appear shifted approx; 4km eastwards as on the picture in my first post.

Note: It seems difficult to follow planes taxiing on the ground in Toulouse. There must be some influence of squawk mode changing when plane is standing at hold point or exiting runwaybut when plane reaches certain position on the taxiways or aprons they disapear. Are you sure your receiver "sees" the whole airport without any shadow ? But anyway, as it is my first posting here many thanks for your site and do not consider my post as negative. Following Airbus tests from home is a fantastic experience for aeronautics fans.

Go on FR24

Comment

All FR24 receivers are F-codes. T-codes are private software feeders.

I don't know the exact location of the receiver, but it's for sure not up in a 50m tower, so it's possible that there are some coverage shadows around the airport. The current receiver is our "old" receiver without GPS and MLAT but it will probably be upgraded to the new type, and possibly we will install another receiver in airport area that will expand our coverage on TLS airport.

Comment

Sory Mike,
            both receivers I spoke about are F prefixed.
            See my first post.
            Thank you for taking time to answer
            Phil

Comment

Not sure if I understand. First you write T-XXXX now you write that you mean F-XXXX. But there are no F-LFBDx receivers.

Comment

canceled response message
                Last edited by PhilDur; 2013-10-16, 12:14.

Comment

Working...
                X