Jetstar- first 787 approaching Australia on delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetstar- first 787 approaching Australia on delivery

The first of Jetstar's 787-800 is approaching the Australian coast on it's delivery flight from Paine Field via Honolulu bound for Melbourne at approx. 00:30 UTC (11:30 local) on FR24.

JETSTAR7878.jpg

... and passing SYD around 12:00 local;

JQ3.jpg

... and on approach to MEL (right on time, approx. 13:00 local);

JQ4.jpg

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-09, 01:57.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

No visit to AKL... BOOO!

They might still do a tour, but only to main centres. Ala AKL for a day on a trans-tas and not the rest of us
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      No visit to AKL... BOOO!

They might still do a tour, but only to main centres. Ala AKL for a day on a trans-tas and not the rest of us
      No chance mate, they didnt even call into BNE or SYD on the way through

I believe they are doing MEL-OOL and a few other centres here in oz before heading overseas on international routes next month (but no visit, that is planned that I've seen) to NZ I'll see if I can find the schedule and post it.

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...787-dreamliner

Add MEL-CNS also to the list of domestic routes.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-09, 02:51.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Got guys on the inside here watching it. Theres some scheduled stops at about 5 centres to show it off to JST staff along the way (and NZ was mentioned at some point). But ~7wks training on those routes before as you say heading abroad.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

SEA - MEL ... 8176 miles/ 13157km according to Great Circle mapper ... max range on a 787/8 is 15200 ... I was just wondering if that was the longest DreamLiner flight yet made.

Comment

I wish Jetstar all the best in their newest plane Dreamliner 787-800.

Looks like JAL made the correct decision to dump Boeing and ordered new planes from AirBus.

Look at the latest problems JAL have in their DreamLiner 787 !

Plane's shit-holes don't work. Plane's food oven don't work. I cant imagine what else wont work in the near future.

Broken toilet flush forces JAL Dreamliner to turn back

Today, 4:01

A 787 Dreamliner bound for Japan was forced to turn around and fly back to Russia after toilets on the plane refused to flush, operator Japan Airlines (JAL) said Thursday.

The Boeing plane carrying 151 crew members and passengers left Moscow late Wednesday for Narita airport east of Tokyo but returned two hours later, a JAL spokesman said.

It was hit by trouble - toilets became unable to be used and the device to heat meals also had a problem," he said.

The glitches were believed to be due to an electrical fault but had nothing to do with the plane's batteries, he added.The average flight time between Moscow and Tokyo is around ten hours.

Boeing's 787 lightweight plane - hailed for its fuel-efficiency but marred by years of production delays - was grounded globally in January after lithium-ion batteries overheated on two different planes, with one of them catching fire while parked.

JAL and its Japanese rival All Nippon Airways, the single biggest operators of the Dreamliner, have put their fleets back into service.

JAL resumed Dreamliner flights in June after fixing the batteries. European planemaker Airbus on Monday announced a $9.5 billion deal with JAL, its first jet order from the carrier, challenging Boeing's dominance in the Japanese market as it struggles with the troubled Dreamliner.

Voice of Russia, AFP

Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_1...urn-back-3611/
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
            X