Can't locate tis aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't locate tis aircraft

I am looking for Westjet Encore aircraft, in the air at the present time, ident WJE3242. When I type that ident into the search box top left hand side of screen, it does come up on screen but seems to hover around
    the departure station CYYC and then eventually heads towards the destination however I am not sure it is working properly as I tried earlier and the aircraft made a quick trip to the destination station, even though
    it does not arrive for another 25 minutes. Can someone else please check this for me. Thank you.
    PS: I have had this trouble with this aircraft previously also.

This is what I am putting in the search box:ishot-3214.jpg

Comment

This problem has been reported a few days ago and i have also had the same problem, i can't remember which thread it was.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

September 24 2013--This flight has departed CYYC for CYBR however I still cant seem to follow this flight. This is a scheduled flight and I would like to be able to follow it but have had no luck. Any comments or assistance would be appreciated. Flight is Westjet 3242 WJE3242.
        Please advise.

Comment

This is a Dash8 aircraft so it does not have an ADS-B transponder so it can't be tracked by FR24 receivers. For information about visibility and coverage please read http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works
          FAA is not providing data for this flight.

Comment

Thanks Mike, I was more or less aware of that but was under the assumption it would still have ATC Radar following and therefore show up Orange? Appreciate your time./Bill

Comment

FR24 has no connection to any ATC radars.

Comment

Thanks Mike. I was under the impression that data from FAA (and I assume in Canada, Nav Canada) was radar data? In 'about FR24' it says :

"In addition to ADS-B and MLAT data, we also get data from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States." Can you kindly explain this.

Cheers/Bill

Comment

FAA feeds appear as orange icons if enabled. Only cover certain areas of the world and are delayed by 5 mins. This still does not include smaller aircraft ill equipped with ADSB capable transponders, it is simply to cover more parts of the globe where FR24 receivers are lacking and its not a form of 'capture all' feed
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian--I was aware of the orange icons and the 5 min delay, but if there is no connection to ATC radars as Mike indicates, where does this delayed position information come from? I am not arguing the fact, just trying to make it clear for myself for future reference. Cheers/Bill

Comment

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
                      Thanks Oblivian--I was aware of the orange icons and the 5 min delay, but if there is no connection to ATC radars as Mike indicates, where does this delayed position information come from? I am not arguing the fact, just trying to make it clear for myself for future reference. Cheers/Bill
                      Bill,

This link may help;

The following link may also help those who want to understand why and how aircraft are 'Blocked' from display. It may be posted elsewhere and if so I apologise but havent located it;

Aircraft blocking is however covered elsewhere on another thread somewhere so I wont go into it further here. Suffice it to say that some aircraft are blocked (both our 'receiver' aircraft and FAA) and therefore not 'visible' on FR24.

Regards,
                      Gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2013-09-26, 02:11.
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks fungus,(and all) this all helps me and I understand most of it. I think it was just the point that no ATC radar is used that threw me. I'm retired, however worked 35 years in the Aviation Communications realm, so have had
                        some opportunity to understand the system. I also am a FR24 volunteer member with FR24's ADS-B equipment. Appreciate the links. As far as I am concerned this case can be closed. Cheers All./Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X