Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with departure and arrival times

Hi,
    I'm trying to collect data from FlightRadar24 for statistical purposes and need longer retention time than the historical flights can offer.
    Anyway I was tracking AirFrance 439 today across the Atlantic and picked up this info:

"B744",
    "MEX",
    "CDG",
    "AF439",

I can figure out latitude, longitude, aircraft type, departure, arrival and callsign. But what are the remaining two numbers? I'm guessing departure and arrival times, but that doesn't seem to fit, as FR can also display schedules times, i.e. four different times. Perhaps they are just internal id numbers?

Where does FR get their STD, ATD, STA and ETA's from?

Originally posted by Cygnus1972 View Post

I can figure out latitude, longitude, aircraft type, departure, arrival and callsign. But what are the remaining two numbers?
    I think they are are 'first contact' and 'last contact' times in the EPOCH/UNIX format rather than something which we're used to seeing (year/month/day/date...etc), as I've seen that format in an SQB file under "date/time"
    Try feeding those numbers into this converter.

Convert Unix Timestamps (and many other date formats) to regular dates.

It seems to work ! (see attached jpg)

epoch.jpg
    Last edited by The Sage of Milton; 2013-09-18, 09:58. Reason: attachment

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus1972 View Post
      Hi,
      I'm trying to collect data from FlightRadar24 for statistical purposes and need longer retention time than the historical flights can offer.
      Anyway I was tracking AirFrance 439 today across the Atlantic and picked up this info:

"B744",
      "MEX",
      "CDG",
      "AF439",

I can figure out latitude, longitude, aircraft type, departure, arrival and callsign. But what are the remaining two numbers? I'm guessing departure and arrival times, but that doesn't seem to fit, as FR can also display schedules times, i.e. four different times. Perhaps they are just internal id numbers?

Where does FR get their STD, ATD, STA and ETA's from?
      Schedules are not allowed to be redistributed according to our deal with the data provider. If you collect this data there is a risk that your IP will become blocked on FR24.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X