Connect different networks together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect different networks together?

Is it possible to user data from fr24-network together with ohther networks?
    I want to use fr24 network data in planeplotter, too.
    fr24 data gives me more aircrafts in my region around munich airport, than planeplotter-network.

Wolfgang
    Munich, Germany

I was banned from sharing my "shared" data with PlanePlotter and it is now a mandatory requirement that anyone sharing data must not share with PP at the same time.

It (allegedly) messes up some of the add-ons such as MyCircles and Mlat.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

thanks for info.
      this fact prevents me from sharing with fr24. i don't like closed source systems.
      thats very, very stupid from fr24.
      putting together all different data-networks we could bring up a very big world-wide network database...

Comment

I really don't understand what you are talking about? What is stupid? We have talked with several networks/webpages about data exchange. Several networks have declined, but we have the NET2 network connected to FR24. Apart from that there can be technical problems that different networks works in different way and sometimes it's just not possible to connect, or you will get duplicate data or data going around in circles between different networks. Just as Anmer wrote people has been banned from networks, because of the technical problems when networks get connected. Connecting 2 networks can be more complicated sometimes that you may think. And how you came to the conclusion that FR24 is stupid is a puzzle for me.

Planeplotter is a closed network and they don't want to exchange data with anyone.

Comment

Mike, were you banned by fr24 because of sharing your shared-data with pp, too?
          Or by pp sharing your shared-data with fr24, too?
          I did understand, that you were banned by fr24...

Comment

Anmer is running NET2 so he has never been banned from FR24.

Comment

ah, then i misunderstood... sorry.
              thanks for info.

then it is not possible to bring in fr24-data in pp, right?
              i like the outline view that comes with pp...

Comment

Hi Wolfi2000

As Admin has explained, I share our MapModeS2 data with FR24. It's PP that won't let me share our MMS2 data. It's PP's decision and I respect that as Admin has explained, there are technical issues to be considered.

Do you have a ModeS receiver or are you just using PP without one?
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Mike,

yes, i now understand this (thanks to admin ;-)).
                  I tested a sbs-1 and returned it back, too expensive.
                  Now i am waiting for my planegadget-receiver and at this moment i have no receiver and using pp without receiver.

I asked because i can see at fr24 more aircrafts around Munich Airport, than i will receive with my receivers, because of antenna limitations and no direct sight to Munich Airport.
                  These limitations i tested with sbs-1, and i don't think, planegadget can receive more aircrafts.
                  So fr24 would be a great network for me, but i like the outline chart view of pp.

Wolfgang
                  Munich, Germany

Comment

Wolfi2000.,As an Ex user of the Planegadgets Radar., I can assure you
                    that you will probably receive 66% less Planes as to what you received
                    by the SBS-1.

When I had the PGR, I didnt have any problem sending my data to FR24
                    as it was sent from PP thro the Mode S to FR24.,I didnt need to use the
                    PlanePlotter otherwise.

Regards EDLM David
                    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

PS.: I gladly bought a SBS-1er for the much better results that I receive from it
                      For Me., the PGR is the Volkswagen of the Radar Boxs, and the SBS-1er is the
                      Mescedes of the Radar boxs
                      And that all happened inside 2 months from when I first started.

Would Strongly recommend that you save a bit longer to get yourself a SBS-1er,.
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Yes i totally agree to you guys, that i will have less results with pgr.
                        But, i don't like the chart-view of fr24.

This week i hope i will receive the pgr and i will test that it fits my needs...
                        If not, then perhaps i switch back to sbs-1...

Wolfgang, EDDM

Comment

Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                          PS.: I gladly bought a SBS-1er for the much better results that I receive from it
                          For Me., the PGR is the Volkswagen of the Radar Boxs, and the SBS-1er is the
                          Mescedes of the Radar boxs
                          I would not call the PGR - Volkswagen, I think Wartburg is a better name

Comment

Working...
                          X