Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 phone support add ons

Hey:

Any one that has a windows 8 phone device. Lets let the admin guys know how much we appreciate what they have done for our platform and only hope we can get a few more updates in the next little while. They have done an excellent job i think on making flightradar24 available for our phones!! I know that IOS and Android have more support but i think we can let them know how much we all enjoy flightradar24 and keep the support going for now for our phones. I am hoping in the next update that we will see a "Go To" function in the arrival tables which would be a great add on, and maybe a "distance to" in the info when you click on the plane icon on the map.

Great job all you admin guys and your encoders who put all these platforms together for all of us to enjoy.

Keep up the great work.

P.S if anyone else with a windows 8 phone device has any ideas lets hear them

They wont even reply to me, l think its dead..... no more windows phone or windows 8 app.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by boeingqa9 View Post
      They wont even reply to me, l think its dead..... no more windows phone or windows 8 app.
      When did you contact us and how? Did you get a Support reference?

Comment

Hi , yes l think it was 2 days ago... Just asking if you guys are still developing for windows 8 or not and my message was deleted.

Thanks
        Paul

Comment

Hi , yes l think it was 2 days ago
          I can find no correspondence from your email address. You will have received an automatic acknowledgement with a Support reference.

Comment

No, just posted a message but it ended up being deleted... its not the first time.

Thanks
            Paul

Comment

Hi , yes l think it was 2 days ago... Just asking if you guys are still developing for windows 8 or not and my message was deleted.

Thanks
              Paul
              Maybe because there are very clear instructions both in the "read me first info" on forum and in the "read me first" email that was sent you which thread should be used for Windows 8 questions.

Comment

Sorry to say it but WP8 today is almost a dead platform no matter what Microsoft claims or wants us to believe. Downloads on Kindle are today bigger than WP8. We are a small company so we can't afford investing lots of time into a product that is not selling. There will for sure be updates to WP8, but far from the speed of iOS or Android.

Comment

At least your not dumping it that`s great news.

Thanks
                  Paul

Comment

Mike is right, i had a windows 8 phone, not only is the support for FR24 dying, but other apps i was involved in were not supported in windows 8 but in IOS and Android. So i got rid of my windows 8 phone and got an android, couldnt be more happy now. Lots of support for everything i need for apps.

Microsoft is not doing anything about it,a and i would say that in the next year, windows 8 mobile will be a dead issue alltogether, they just cant compete with IOS and Android, take Blackberry as an example, i said to some co- workers last year that blackberry will be gone in a year or so. I am almost right, they are just about there.

Just saying!!

Comment

l don't think it`s dead, people like to believe so. again l never liked it on any phone... just prefer a tablet or pc.
                      Paul

Comment

l don't think it`s dead, people like to believe so. again l never liked it on any phone... just prefer a tablet or pc.
                        Paul
                        I did not say it's dead. It's only almost dead. The fact that the Kindle app that we have never promoted or linked (I have no memory of linking it here on the forum) is selling more than WP8 says something about the popularity of the platform. The Android Rom "CyanogenMod" made by a team of only 17 people is targeting to become bigger than WP8 in a near future. And finally Microsoft buying Nokia when Nokia is making tests with Android is a very desperate move. That all together says a lot about WP8 popularity right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I did not say it's dead. It's only almost dead. The fact that the Kindle app that we have never promoted or linked (I have no memory of linking it here on the forum) is selling more than WP8 says something about the popularity of the platform. The Android Rom "CyanogenMod" made by a team of only 17 people is targeting to become bigger than WP8 in a near future. And finally Microsoft buying Nokia when Nokia is making tests with Android is a very desperate move. That all together says a lot about WP8 popularity right now.
                          Hello Mike, I understand you cannot spend as many resources with the Windows Phone platform as you do with the IOS and Android for obvious resons, but are you thinking on continuing the support for the platform? Isn't it possible to "unify" the interface of all apps (I think the new IOS interface is great).

If it isn't, can you at least do anything about the long loading times of the airplanes, because it takes so long for the airplanes to appear on the map.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Microsoft View Post
                            Hello Mike, I understand you cannot spend as many resources with the Windows Phone platform as you do with the IOS and Android for obvious resons, but are you thinking on continuing the support for the platform? Isn't it possible to "unify" the interface of all apps (I think the new IOS interface is great).

If it isn't, can you at least do anything about the long loading times of the airplanes, because it takes so long for the airplanes to appear on the map.

Regards.
                            As I wrote just one week ago: there will be improvements, but if your are looking for a better app experience you may consider changing platform.

Everything is possible but is a question of resources and prioritization. I think it took more than a 1 week (40-60 working hours) to implement the design on iOS/Android so it would probably take the same on Windows. With limited resources it's a questions of adding 1-2 new features or redesigning the app.

The slow loading of aircraft is a limit in the map API. We have not added "delay=3 seconds" in the code to slow the loading down. Plotting things just takes time.

Comment

Working...
                            X