X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    If someone owns a UAT 978 receiver. Can they upload data to FR24 ?
    If the UAT978 software can export data in "standard" data format on port 30003 or similar, yes.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    If someone owns a UAT 978 receiver. Can they upload data to FR24 ?

Leave a comment:

• Caboosey
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    We are aware of that there is UAT in USA but we have only seen one UAT receiver on the market. We have one test unit up in USA that we are doing some test with, but we have not decided how to do in the future. The UAT receiver we bought is quite expensive and we would prefer to have one unit instead of installing one 1090 and one 978 unit. But if we add UAT to our FR24 box it will increase the price of all our boxes and we would probably need 2 antennas. Another problem is that UAT is used by smaller aircraft flying on quite low altitude which would force us the install the receivers really close to each other to get coverage on low altitudes.

So we are working on UAT but on a low gear.
    I think I might buy my own ADS-B antenna and setup a UAT receiver. I'm still researching UAT. How easy would it be to feed FR24 with ADS-B UAT data once I have it setup?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Caboosey View Post
    I was following the plane on flightradar24 hoping to see it through ADS-B. A friend told me about the plane and new ADS-B transponders. It was equipped with both ADS-B UAT and ADS-B Mode S.

Will Flightradar24 ever support ADS-B UAT (978MHz)?

In United States, they use ADS-B UAT and ADS-B Mode S (ES). I believe there may be some planes out there in the US using ADS-B UAT only.
    We are aware of that there is UAT in USA but we have only seen one UAT receiver on the market. We have one test unit up in USA that we are doing some test with, but we have not decided how to do in the future. The UAT receiver we bought is quite expensive and we would prefer to have one unit instead of installing one 1090 and one 978 unit. But if we add UAT to our FR24 box it will increase the price of all our boxes and we would probably need 2 antennas. Another problem is that UAT is used by smaller aircraft flying on quite low altitude which would force us the install the receivers really close to each other to get coverage on low altitudes.

So we are working on UAT but on a low gear.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    BTW posting them on the 'New Aircraft Database' thread won't make them appear magically or possibly populate the information in the Information window. - FAA captured aircraft are not fully populated until they are captured by FR24 uploaders also.

You are also missing vital information for a few of them to be added.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Ah right, yes. You would have been seeing delayed FAA data (where there is no FR24 uploaders nearby to make it more live feeling) as per Speedbird showing the FAA playback missing lots of details.

Not a lot can be done until it flies into an area with a FR24 receiver where the database will pick it up and add it etc. So it will be visible now, but only via 3rd party data.

Leave a comment:

• Caboosey
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    .. if it falls under the radar of an actual FR24 uploader there.

Which I suspect is the reason. Its likely to be floating around on FAA data only and not been tagged by one of our fellow receivers yet

But its still not been clarified how it was being 'followed'
    I was following the plane on flightradar24 hoping to see it through ADS-B. A friend told me about the plane and new ADS-B transponders. It was equipped with both ADS-B UAT and ADS-B Mode S.

Will Flightradar24 ever support ADS-B UAT (978MHz)?

In United States, they use ADS-B UAT and ADS-B Mode S (ES). I believe there may be some planes out there in the US using ADS-B UAT only.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    .. if it falls under the radar of an actual FR24 uploader there.

Which I suspect is the reason. Its likely to be floating around on FAA data only and not been tagged by one of our fellow receivers yet

But its still not been clarified how it was being 'followed'

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    If it had 1090MHz ADS-B it would be listed on this page.
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Leave a comment:

• Caboosey
    replied
    This plane had two ADS-B transponders. One on using 987Mhz and 1090Mhz. They are using Mode-S. This is an experimental aircraft used for ADS-B testing.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=208EK

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Its on Playback as FAA data: http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-08...:23/12x/N208EK

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I could not find any traces of A1B029 in our database. Are you sure it is ADS-B and not just Mode-S?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Confused, how were you following it, if it wasn't appearing....
    (HEXadecimal:A1B029)

Yellow - receiver data, Orange - relies on data to be received by FAA receivers. And onboard there are also switches to disable position updates. In the same way BizJets can appear, and disappear from the map if they chose

Leave a comment:

• Caboosey
    started a topic Plane has ADS-B but never saw it as yellow

Plane has ADS-B but never saw it as yellow

There is a plane I was following.

Tail number: N208EK
    Plane: Cesenna 208B
    Aircraft Transponder Code: 50330051

I never saw appear as yellow. The plane is equipped with new ADS-B equipment and was installed recently. Then the plane did several test flights from Washington, DC, US to AZ, US and then back.
Working...
X