No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ piopawlu http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post63337 please read this.
    Also posting here to keep a "log" of MLAT.

2015-02-14 21:54:59 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2015-02-14 21:54:59 | [mlat][i]Stats 31745217/177

While typing this, SOME very high aircraft are appearing: <sample here>

Was trying to give you a sample, but playback also is failing, so general: http://www.flightradar24.com/2015-02...2x/52.5,6.22/8 (not playing here) but look for CAL6442.

So to sum up:
    1) AWE797 not showing, see screenshots
    2) MLAT not working (at low alt,worked down to 2000 feet near Schiphol, even lower sometimes.)
    3) Playback not working.

Windows 8.1 all updates, Google Chrome (Version 40.0.2214.111 m) all updated.

Edit:
    Screenshot add to confirm findings of MLAT: http://x264.nl/dump/cal6442-2015-02-...ot-working.jpg

Comment

• The MLAT part is working again, probably some receivers unable to send their data, seems fixed now.
      <2000 feet on departing aircraft now.

Comment

• Great great! Finally MLAT down to 1000 feet (seen 500 feet even) north of Schiphol.

Two low MLAT planes visible. Thanks FR24 and F-EHAM3 for making this possible!!

( And yes they both fly under the incoming ILS 18R traffic. )

Edit:
        And another one, overhead at EHAM:
        http://x264.nl/dump/phrpi-fr24-2015-02-22-rpi.jpg (PH Raspberry PI? )
        Last edited by Jarod; 2015-02-22, 13:52.

Comment

• Bloody awesome:

Helicopters over Amsterdam are now visible:

EHHA is about 8.5km away from the nearest runway at Schiphol, 18R. And about 12km away from the Main Schipol Tower.
          EHHA is located in the heart of the Amsterdam Harbor.

Frequentie to listen: 131.500 MHz, AM.

Playback: http://www.flightradar24.com/2015-03.../PHECE/5ab0705

EHHA Via Google Earth: https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.41449...I_zmwYbgCw!2e0

Edit:
          299 feet above the beach: http://x264.nl/dump/phece-2015-03-04-299feet.jpg
          Last edited by Jarod; 2015-03-04, 09:43.

Comment

• Now, I understand MLAT is a lot of mixed data to be shown..

But is there a reason the callsigns are not changed from 'unknown' when the primary data is included in other Mode-S (or calculated route data)

For isntance:

mlat.jpg

You can see the callsign, (and route data!) followed by the translated callsign of.. No Callsign. Which is shown on the main icon label

Murphys law, when I submit, another shows up with the details copied across. Is a hand needed to help with the 2 callsigns (minus route).. or is there something bung.

mlat2.jpg
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-03-05, 03:50.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• MLAT 159 feet !

Edit:
              Oh this is insane ! MLAT 134 feet !

The new FR24 firmware must really do it's job!
              Last edited by Jarod; 2015-03-05, 09:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Now, I understand MLAT is a lot of mixed data to be shown..

But is there a reason the callsigns are not changed from 'unknown' when the primary data is included in other Mode-S (or calculated route data)
                The problem is that we don't know the callsign, so we can't show it. In this case flight number has been matched by some other source than the callsign.

Comment

• The FR24 receivers need better "MLAT not working" detection.
                  A few days the webpage of the receiver said it had a GPS lock, but the log file has been saying no GPS fix for days.

I have had this happen before. A manual restart (power off/on) fixes this problem.

It was up 32 days, now rebooted. The log file gets too big too, very annoying.

Edit:
                  At Schiphol planes went down to about 4000 feet with MLAT.
                  Now back to 500-1000 feet again: http://x264.nl/dump/klm44g-2015-04-08-mlat-fixed.jpg

A MLAT check system would be really nice.

I wouldn't mind getting an email after a day no GPS fix.
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2015-04-08, 17:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                    The FR24 receivers need better "MLAT not working" detection.
                    A few days the webpage of the receiver said it had a GPS lock, but the log file has been saying no GPS fix for days.

I have had this happen before. A manual restart (power off/on) fixes this problem.

Edit:
                    Now back to 500-1000 feet again: http://x264.nl/dump/klm44g-2015-04-08-mlat-fixed.jpg

Agreed, same findings the receiver has been running continuously without a reboot:

1) GPS inidicator just goes red continuously.
                    2) Log file really gets too long so loading it becomes sluggish.

Different matter: We don't really know how the GPS and NTP time synchronization works for timestamping, but I assume GPS time is still required for MLAT - hence a reboot of the receiver to get a GPS fix again. Hopefully FR24 will look into these matters and address it. Jarod's suggestion of an email after no GPS fix for a day (or could be less, say 4-12 hours) and a reboot is required is a good suggestion.

Hopefully we are not barking to the moon...
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-04-08, 23:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

hehe
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                        The FR24 receivers need better "MLAT not working" detection.

Edit:

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                        Agreed, same findings the receiver has been running continuously without a reboot:

1) GPS inidicator just goes red continuously.
                        2) Log file really gets too long so loading it becomes sluggish.

Different matter: We don't really know how the GPS and NTP time synchronization works for timestamping, but I assume GPS time is still required for MLAT - hence a reboot of the receiver to get a GPS fix again. Hopefully FR24 will look into these matters and address it. Jarod's suggestion of an email after no GPS fix for a day (or could be less, say 4-12 hours) and a reboot is required is a good suggestion.

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                        hehe
                        Suddenly have a thought that this issue should be notified to FR24 support. Jarod, I assume you did contact Support about this? If not we really are barking to the moon. Mike has always said contacting support is the best way to raise an issue, not in the forum.

Comment

• @Jarod how do u check the log's size?

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                            @Jarod how do u check the log's size?
                            Save as with Google Chrome.
                            log.php.txt 66.3 MB (69,525,979 bytes) after about 32 days or so.

Comment

• Since Yesterday (Monday 27) T-MLAT2 is available in Ecuador, but only on the airspace of Quito. Great News. Hopefully soon have more territory covered with T-MLAT2 over Ecuador.

Comment

• Mlat in Venezuela

Originally posted by wfreireec View Post
                                Since Yesterday (Monday 27) T-MLAT2 is available in Ecuador, but only on the airspace of Quito. Great News. Hopefully soon have more territory covered with T-MLAT2 over Ecuador.

Also in Venezuela have MLAT since yesterday in the north western part between Barquisimeto Lara and Coro Falcon.

Comment

Working...
                                X