No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that.. I've applied. I had a few friends also apply a few weeks ago, but haven't had any response yet. Should they re-apply, or just wait a little longer?

We are part of a local WiFi mesh network, so we have access to towers all over Perth and have been looking for a way to do MLAT ourselves for a while-- but feeding into FR24 makes more sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by shaneshort View Post
      Thanks for that.. I've applied. I had a few friends also apply a few weeks ago, but haven't had any response yet. Should they re-apply, or just wait a little longer?

We are part of a local WiFi mesh network, so we have access to towers all over Perth and have been looking for a way to do MLAT ourselves for a while-- but feeding into FR24 makes more sense!
      The application will take time, sometimes very long. Mike and the staff have already stated somewhere here in the forum that applications do take weeks to months depending. I meself had only heard from them after months. I can't remember how long exactly but it is to the point where I have already given up the thought that I will host a receiver.

The other way of achieving MLAT is using planeplotter and it will be more private in a way. The Radarcape at its present firmware is not yet capable of MLAT on its own (it will supply raw data for FR24) but Gunter is working on P2P MLAT. So it's up to you really whether you are willing to wait for sometime to hear from the FR24 team about the application or you have the financial means of getting a few radarcape ( expensive!!!) or going for planeplotter. Oh by the way, 4 is the theoretical minimum to get MLAT to work, but in reality Mike has said at least 6-8 (if i recall correctly) is needed to get it working. Hope with MLAT starting in Australia you will get more luck in the applications!
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-27, 08:47. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by shaneshort View Post
        Thanks for that.. I've applied. I had a few friends also apply a few weeks ago, but haven't had any response yet. Should they re-apply, or just wait a little longer?

I belive,. when you apply,. It goes before the Boss Admin and is considered.
        And the most urgent places,. are taken care of,.
        And if you have a ticket number,. I guess you could ask for any updates about
        your ticket number.
        But,.. from what I see above, I would suggest you contact Support and ask them.
        (which would be passed onto Boss Admin.)

Hope you inculded Photo's,. even one that has the airport on, from your location.

And re-Apps,. may confuse the Aplication.

You may also like to check this
        If you have general question about Flightradar24, you might get the fastest answer directly on the forum. BUT If you have questions about YOUR feed, YOUR account, YOUR hosted receiver, YOUR problem you won't probably get an answer on the forum, but you should contact support@fr24.com Support is answering tickets as fast as
        Last edited by delcomp; 2014-03-27, 09:14. Reason: amended.
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• With my dongle, I have everything enabled for MLAT (including the NTP). Shame the Linux FR24 software doesn't make use of it. Using PP on my windows laptop (MLAT also enabled, though currently down due to the ADSL connection failing and running via a mobile phone tether).
          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• "I applied and did not receive an answer"

We have received 10500 applications so far. Many from very good locations but many "duplicates". Top 3 cities with most applications are Buenos Aires, Perth and Lahore with 25-50 applications from each city. Many other cities have 10+ applications. As you for sure understand we can't send an unlimited number of receivers to the same region. All applications are saved and we may contact you again in the future if more coverage is needed. On http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment there is list of areas where we currently are looking for locations.

"I'm running MLAT on PP and now I want to join MLAT on FR24"

For quality reasons FR24 is ONLY doing MLAT from our own hardware ("Radar Cape"). This is a final decision and we will not open up the MLAT network and jeopardize data quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              For quality reasons FR24 is ONLY doing MLAT from our own hardware ("Radar Cape"). This is a final decision and we will not open up the MLAT network and jeopardize data quality.
              So the other users owning the Radarcape Guenter makes and sells can't be part of the FR24 MLAT network.
              So FR24 taking the MLAT option out of feeder firmware/software the Radarcape boxes owned by others.
              Since it's not "FR24 own hardware" version of Radarcape.
              per this page it says ADS-B with MLAT. This page needs to be updated.

Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-03-27, 19:35.
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Fair enough and completely understandable. I guess that the 2 MHz limit on the dongles hurt reliability, unlike the Radarcape which have somewhere around 25 MHz (IIC ?), which helps with the quality of the data (along with the quality of the product).
                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Hi,

Can MLAT be enabled to the Panama Feed? (mine hehe)

Thanks

Andres

Comment

• Originally posted by meneses24 View Post
                    Hi,

Can MLAT be enabled to the Panama Feed? (mine hehe)

Thanks

Andres
                    No need if there is no enough F feeders in area.
                    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• It was short, but this is the first time me seeing some low MLAT traffic north of Amsterdam!

They named their company after their callsign:

PHVHC
                      Victor Hotel Charlie B.V.

Comment

• 100 feet:

Soon we get ground level MLAT at EHAM?

Comment

• I see MLAT in Perth!

mlat-cropped.png
                          - Matt
                          T-YPPH2

Comment

• Theres just enough to get the odd hit.. sill another 1-2 needed to stabilise it a bit more
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Theres just enough to get the odd hit.. sill another 1-2 needed to stabilise it a bit more
                              A comms tech acquaintance has been given permission to install an ADS-B receiver on an existing large communications mast here.

It looks like it would provide some great coverage in the area, and he's trying to find someone already using the mast who'll provide him Internet access via their link.

Comment

Working...
                              X