MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berlevaagnytt View Post
    I WOULD love to host one of the new boxes, as I do the SBS.1, but two applications has not been answered on, even if I is feeding know, and is one of 10 people in east Finnmark, Norway that also had a dialogue with FR24 about expanding the MLAT in northern parts of Norway.

I know only that one box had arrived KKN now, but without some more boxes, I can't see this would help much.

Have checked my spam box after each application, but still nothing. Two friends is one step ahead of me, and have been asked to send picture of location.

Arnt Eirik
    Berlevågnytt
    T-ENKR4
    ENBV / BVG
    One would have thought they would at least send a reply saying your application for the receiver isn't approved after consideration? But apparently the process can take weeks or months?

Comment

• * ONE application is enough. ALL applications are saved and there is absolutely no need for applying several times. Making several requests makes your applications marked as possible fraud.
      * We have received 5000+ applications so far and we just can't give everyone who applies a receiver. As mentioned before we select locations on many different conditions including location, applications nearby, areas that we currently focus on, coverage estimations, current feeding coverage and current up time. It may take from 1 minute up to several months before an application is processed.
      * As mentioned some days ago we are currently low on receivers and we have a priority list that we will use for the last receivers in current batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        * ONE application is enough. ALL applications are saved and there is absolutely no need for applying several times. Making several requests makes your applications marked as possible fraud.
        The only reason for applying the second time was that Philip(FR24) could not find the application from those who initially was in the group of 10 people that was trying to set up a network of MLAT up here, not just for the fun of it.

Arnt

Comment

• Originally posted by Berlevaagnytt View Post
          The only reason for applying the second time was that Philip(FR24) could not find the application from those who initially was in the group of 10 people that was trying to set up a network of MLAT up here, not just for the fun of it.

Arnt
          10 was supposed to apply. 6 applied, 3 did not respond to info request. That is not enough for MLAT so project is a going a bit slow. I suggest keeping this discussion through Philip.

Comment

• Mike..a couple questions Re: MLAT.. I noticed an Aircraft this AM only displayed as a '?'..when I clicked on it, it was an Air Canada Flight showing T-MLAT2..then a few moments later, it 'completely dissappeared' ? Did not even show up as FAA Data afterwards ? Also, how close do the 4 or more FR24 Rx have to be..? I believe I have another @ 100nm from me, but the rest are 200-300nm or more !
            VE6CPP
            Originally posted by Mike View Post
            After an initial beta testing of MLAT for premium users, we are now satisfied with how it works and we have launched it for all our users on www.flightradar24.com and in our apps. You can read more about ADS-B, MLAT and FAA on our how it works-page

For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked. This has been a hot topic in previous threads here on the forum and we will not discuss this matter any more. As we have mentioned before Flightradar24 is working with authorities and we will not discuss this in public. We will not comment or discuss what other services are showing or not showing. All discussion regarding this will be deleted from this thread!

MLAT on FR24 can ONLY be done with FR24 receivers. There are NO exceptions.
            If you want to host a FR24 receiver please apply on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

If you have any questions about MLAT on Flightradar24 please post in this thread.

Comment

• The differance MLAT makes is clear!

Take a look at this animated gif I put together. It's my screen with MLAT On and a second later with MLAT Off. It appears that more then 50% of the flights seen are being tracked thanks to MLAT.

MLAT-on-off-f-cyyz2.gif

www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• wow impressive. I wonder how many pure mode A/C planes are still in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by nakos View Post
                  wow impressive. I wonder how many pure mode A/C planes are still in the air.
                  It is impressive indeed. Also, I can only speak for this area in Australia (although as the mandatory ADS-B implimentation date here nears on 12/12 this year this has changed things somewhat) but mode-s aircraft were making up about a quarter of those I 'see' on my receiver on any given day compared to ADS-B equipped aircraft. (At times almost all on my list are now ADS-B equipped), so that has now changed to many more fully ADS-B equipped aircraft. Then the mode-c aircraft would be something of a guess as I cant 'see' those but hear them on my scanner but there would be just as many of those as mode-s if not more out there in the skies unseen to us. Of course as time goes on even this will invariably change. Obviously these figures will vary wildly from area to area.
                  We need to remember that there is a cost in all of this for aircraft owners/operators (let alone our community of 'hobbyists'). From memory I heard a figure of $10,000 (aussie) for the fitment of ADS-B to a (light) aircraft. Unfortunately I cant remember if this was an after market situation or at the production stage but in any language it's expensive. Hence it will take quite a very long time for 'ALL' aircraft to be ADS-B equipped and operational. That is one reason why the operational date varies greatly from country to country and aircraft type to aircraft type.

hope this helps,
                  Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-04, 08:48. Reason: correction
                  YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
                    Mike..a couple questions Re: MLAT.. I noticed an Aircraft this AM only displayed as a '?'..when I clicked on it, it was an Air Canada Flight showing T-MLAT2..then a few moments later, it 'completely dissappeared' ? Did not even show up as FAA Data afterwards ? Also, how close do the 4 or more FR24 Rx have to be..? I believe I have another @ 100nm from me, but the rest are 200-300nm or more !
                    VE6CPP
                    The aircraft that appear with "?" seem to be ones where the position is known but the actual aircraft hasn't yet been ID'd, presumably not enough info yet - so marginal ... sometimes they become aircraft sometimes they vanish.

Comment

• (?) means that direction is unknown

Comment

• Heli visible with MLAT: http://x264.nl/dump/zxp25-2013-12-07-mlat.jpg

Comment

• Is it me or have we lost MLAT since the last few hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                            Is it me or have we lost MLAT since the last few hours?
                            MLAT's working OK where I am... Toronto, Canada
                            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                              Is it me or have we lost MLAT since the last few hours?
                              I can confirm that MLAT is offline in Europe.

Update: MLAT is back online @ 08:10 UTC, someone must have given the server a re-boot.
                              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-13, 08:13.
                              AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Users of Gunter's Radarcape can now update to a new firmware which includes a FR24 MLAT Feeder. This FR24 MLAT Feeder ONLY applies to radarcape only. MLAT should probably improve around Europe? Let's keep an eye.

please see: http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape..._140124.08.32c

What is a radarcape?

Comment

Working...
                                X