No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardly correct. Or have FR24 got a new MLAT server in the South Pacific?
    And has the Piaggio got long range tanks?

MLAT Error.JPG

Comment

• Lets see if it comes back to europ having done a world tour.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd say erroronus data on handover and showing last receiver like it tends to

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          Lets see if it comes back to europ having done a world tour.
          Maybe it's a secret Italian Government project, the Piaggio has Nuclear powered turboprops!
          Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-23, 09:56.
          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            New FR24 receivers

F-YBAM1 activated in Amberley, Australia
            F-LICZ2 activated in SIGONELLA, ITALY
            F-EHVB1 activated in VALKENBURG, NETHERLANDS
            F-LFRT1 activated in ST.-BRIEUC ARMOR, FRANCE
            F-CZBF1 activated in Bathurst, Canada
            F-LFBD1 activated in Bordeaux, France
            That makes 4 new FR24 receivers that can look down to about 300m-1000m height on Amsterdam Schiphol.
            Now let's see how well 4 receivers perform with MLAT in practice. :-)

... and while typing this not even did the first preview....
            http://www.flightradar24.com/KLM51X appeared on the screen! :-)
            Embraer ERJ190-100 STD, MLAT became visible lower than 10000 feet, while it still was over the Amsterdam City Center, awesome!

... and while making the above screenshot....
            http://www.flightradar24.com/KLM1334 decided to visit as well!
            Also an Embraer ERJ190-100STD, MLAT truely at a low level:

Comment

• And other one: http://x264.nl/dump/klm1264-2013-11-...at-inbound.jpg
              This plane is incoming over/from where the others radars are: EHRD(1/2) and EHVB1. With the fourth receiver EHAM1 being able to receive on the tarmac of the runways this is the lowest MLAT i have spotted.
              I am 100% all 4 receivers can receive this plane at an even lower altitude, so or a 5th or even more receivers also received this plane in order to make MLAT working or this is the limitation of MLAT with 4 receivers.

This is just a question out of curiosity and a more advanced "how it works" for MLAT question.

What does it take for 4 FR24 receivers, that i am certain that receive a plane even 300 feet above the ground, to get MLAT working to that point?
              Or the other way around, what brief moment of missing information can mess up MLAT?

I am just loving to see how well MLAT works and if we could improve it even more, it would be even greater!

Comment

• It's not about having "coverage" from 4 receivers. When you watch a flight in basestation or any other software you can receive a signal every 2-3 or even 10 seconds signal and it looks like it's within coverage and moving. But transponder data is transmitted twice per second and to compare the the distance with MLAT you have to compare the same signal. So you can't compare the distance of 12:34:45:2 with 12:34:46:1 or 12:34:50:1, so 4 or more receivers needs to get full 100% correct data from the same transponder signal to make a correct MLAT calculation.

Comment

• Thanks for the information.

Anyways, plane spotters must really love FR24 now.
                  It's not always sure where a plane is going to land with multiple landing runways, sometimes even last minute a plane requests a less taxi time runway.
                  But with ADS-B and MLAT you can easily in time see the change happen and race to the runway to snap your pictures.
                  I am talking about Amsterdam Schiphol Airport now.

Good stuff!

Comment

• One last spam for low MLAT: http://x264.nl/dump/ell473-2013-11-2...at-inbound.jpg
                    Maybe we can invent some last miles camera tracking system?

Since the radar EHVB is online MLAT really rocks to a very low altitude. Just Awesome!

Comment

• Agreed, several planes crossed Amsterdam today at around 5000 to 6000 Feet and remained visible while on MLAT. It gets better all the time. I'm afraid I do not have a location that qualifies, but every new receiver in the Amsterdam area could make it work still better.

By the way I do have a nice view in the direction of Schiphol, I can directly see planes within a few minutes after takeoff, but not in other directions.

Comment

• The 'First MLAT' spotted in Southern Alberta, Canada this AM..! T-MLAT2
                        T-MLAT2.jpg
                        VE6CPP
                        F-CYQL1

Comment

• Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
                          The 'First MLAT' spotted in Southern Alberta, Canada this AM..! T-MLAT2
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2985[/ATTACH]
                          VE6CPP
                          F-CYQL1
                          A Learjet 55 ... Nice to see you guys have MLAT in your area!
                          Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-29, 00:50.
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• And a second one ! T-MLAT2b.jpg
                            Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
                            The 'First MLAT' spotted in Southern Alberta, Canada this AM..! T-MLAT2
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2985[/ATTACH]
                            VE6CPP
                            F-CYQL1

Comment

It's not about having "coverage" from 4 receivers. When you watch a flight in basestation or any other software you can receive a signal every 2-3 or even 10 seconds signal and it looks like it's within coverage and moving. But transponder data is transmitted twice per second and to compare the the distance with MLAT you have to compare the same signal. So you can't compare the distance of 12:34:45:2 with 12:34:46:1 or 12:34:50:1, so 4 or more receivers needs to get full 100% correct data from the same transponder signal to make a correct MLAT calculation.
                              Sorry, even after a promise, to spam once more...

http://x264.nl/dump/klm24j-2013-11-2...at-inbound.jpg and while pasting this, this one came by:
                              http://x264.nl/dump/hop3576-2013-11-...at-inbound.jpg 1125 feet!

This is incredible. Not sure why now all of a sudden MLAT goes even lower and lower at Schiphol, but i like it.
                              Last edited by Jarod; 2013-11-28, 18:46.

Comment

So once again - MLAT on FR24 can ONLY be done with FR24 receivers. There are NO exceptions.

If you want to host a FR24 receiver please apply on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                                I WOULD love to host one of the new boxes, as I do the SBS.1, but two applications has not been answered on, even if I is feeding know, and is one of 10 people in east Finnmark, Norway that also had a dialogue with FR24 about expanding the MLAT in northern parts of Norway.

I know only that one box had arrived KKN now, but without some more boxes, I can't see this would help much.

Have checked my spam box after each application, but still nothing. Two friends is one step ahead of me, and have been asked to send picture of location.

Arnt Eirik
                                Berlevågnytt
                                T-ENKR4
                                ENBV / BVG

Comment

Working...
                                X