No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if airlines operating from that area have a standard procedure that says disable ADS-B after each flight, so enabling it becomes a deliberate action.

I'll not say more since we are walking on the fringes of why some info is requested to be blocked.

Comment

• It could be security issues, company procedures...

But why does this only affects the new 787? Other models, same company, ADS-B on.

Strange...

And how about this 'guys'?

ElAl.jpg
      Last edited by T-LPPR7; 2013-11-12, 13:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-LPPR7 View Post
        It could be security issues, company procedures...

But why does this only affects the new 787? Other models, same company, ADS-B on.

Strange...

And how about this 'guys'?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2908[/ATTACH]
        Sorry, but how does this have any bearing on MLAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
          Sorry, but how does this have any bearing on MLAT?
          It's Palestine, not Portugal for Israeli ADS-B blackout.
          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• So hard to see what people are referrring to when they post a screenshot with a black map and no explanation.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Is this a nice example of no transponder at all, so no MLAT and then turning on normal transponder?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                http://x264.nl/dump/baw3571-transpon...2013-11-13.jpg

Is this a nice example of no transponder at all, so no MLAT and then turning on normal transponder?
                More likely to be a FB24 glitch. No airliner would be allowed to continue that long in controlled air space without transponder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                  http://x264.nl/dump/baw3571-transpon...2013-11-13.jpg

Is this a nice example of no transponder at all, so no MLAT and then turning on normal transponder?
                  No transponder at all? He's showing 30,000 and Squawking 2505 ... how would we get this information without a transponder?
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                    No transponder at all? He's showing 30,000 and Squawking 2505 ... how would we get this information without a transponder?
                    Yes, but he started out of Frankfurt, and is not showing track until in over The Nederlands.

Comment

• I noticed the MLAT over southern Michigan is not working, what's up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firfitr View Post
                        I noticed the MLAT over southern Michigan is not working, what's up?
                        Perhaps the area is marginal and one of the F- boxes serving the area is down (since it takes several boxes working together to fix the aircraft position using mlat)

UPDAT: should have looked - I thought this referred to just southern Michigan
                        Last edited by peterhr; 2013-11-20, 12:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firfitr View Post
                          I noticed the MLAT over southern Michigan is not working, what's up?
                          Yes I've noticed that too, and so did the guy I work with over near Detroit ... MLAT seems to be out in our region at this time... maybe FR24 is working on the servers?
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            Perhaps the area is marginal and one of the F- boxes serving the area is down (since it takes several boxes working together to fix the aircraft position using mlat)
                            The area we cover, Southern Ontario, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvanian, and New York State are in no way marginal, it's a large area and very well blanketed with FR24 boxes. We had very good MLAT coverage, at times 50% of the aircraft we were watching were on MLAT.

*UPDATE* ... MLAT has now returned to our region.
                            Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-20, 09:32.
                            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Mike,

Just to ask... would there be any trial for MLAT when the FR24 receivers of Java part of Indonesia comes online?

There currenly are F-WIHH1&2, F-WIIB1, F-WIIS1. 2 more receivers heading to Malang & Yogyakarta should come online soon. Then there will be altogether 6 receivers. I suppose it depends on the internet connection there as well as whether it is feasible to host a local FR24 server? And also how good the coverage of the receivers?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                . I suppose it depends on the internet connection there as well as whether it is feasible to host a local FR24 server? And also how good the coverage of the receivers?
                                Yes you are correct, and as Mike pointed out the attempt at MLAT in Brazil didn't work very well due to high latency and packet loss on their overloaded Internet Service Providers.

Hows the Internet in Indonesia? Does everyone there BitTorrent day and night trying to download Breaking Bad ?
                                Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-20, 12:12.
                                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X