MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're welcome
    Sometimes the reply given also answers follow-up questions others may ask too in a not to abrupt way

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• MLAT working very well in my area and across the USA. Congratulations to Mike and the FR24 team on your MLAT endeavors !
      Attached Files
      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Mike: Since i got my FR24 reciver up and running 2 days ago, i have seen a lot of T-MLAT2 AC in our area from Detroit to Toronto and the rest of SW ontario. Is coverage expading here and are we helping with that since there are more of us using the FR24 recivers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
          Ask Mike to send me 3 more receivers, hehehe.
          But seriously, there are countless of "old" receivers around Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS/EHAM).
          In the future i am sure they will be replaced and then indeed we can have MLAT very low. I wonder if MLAT will work on the ground with 4 receivers.

I am reading the FR24 receiver's raw data now, it's insane how well this works.
          I get all the ground signals and test signals + a range of 450+km, awesome!
          + helping with MLAT greatly i think/hope!
          Any news about your application for the 3 receivers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
            Mike: Since i got my FR24 reciver up and running 2 days ago, i have seen a lot of T-MLAT2 AC in our area from Detroit to Toronto and the rest of SW ontario. Is coverage expading here and are we helping with that since there are more of us using the FR24 recivers?
            Yes only FR24 stations can do Multilateration.. so yes your new station is part of the Multilateration network in your area, and this is why you're now seeing more MLAT aircraft. Since you and I have overlapping coverage in the Southern Ontario area, we're together helping make MLAT work here. It's amazing to see close to 50% of the aircraft around here are now MALT... meaning these planes were invisible before we got MLAT up and running.
            Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-10, 02:17.
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Flight ETH501 discovered by M-LAT. Isn´t the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner broadcasting Mode S?

ETH501.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by T-LPPR7 View Post
                Flight ETH501 discovered by M-LAT. Isn´t the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner broadcasting Mode S?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2906[/ATTACH]
                Sometimes for reasons i don't know, aircraft turn off certain information regarding ADS-B.
                Why the MLAT signal still is working i don't know also.

Kalita Air does this a lot. Turning them off/on on their 747-200s and 747-400s, so all i can say is: Good question!

Comment

• I watched an easyJet Flight last week plot on MLAT from London to just south of Edinburgh.
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Flight ETH501 discovered by M-LAT. Isn´t the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner broadcasting Mode S?

They can change modes, based on who's airspace they're traveling through and the requirements. Ethiopia seems to turn off ADS-B when over Somalia, most likely for security reasons.

www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

I have seen Ethiopian B787 without ADS-B several times before. They are broadcasting ModeS as MLAT is based on ModeS transponders, but they are not transmitting ADS-B. We don't know why and can only speculate.
                      * ADS-B transponder is broken or removed.
                      * ADS-B transponder was turned off in a sensitive region and was forgotten to be turned on again.
                      * ADS-B transponder is permanently turned off for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                        I watched an easyJet Flight last week plot on MLAT from London to just south of Edinburgh.
                        There are a couple of B737NG and A320 flying around without ADS-B in Europe, including 1 Ryanair, 2-3 Easyjet, 1 SAS (SE-RES), 1 Air Berlin and many many more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                          Ethiopia seems to turn off ADS-B when over Somalia, most likely for security reasons.
                          I was right about that, this is scary stuff to read.

We believe our information is credible and know that some of the pirates have acquired ship mines, as well as Stinger and other shoulder-held missile launchers," Van der Merwe told Reuter

The FIM-92 Stinger is a personal portable infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM) The FIM-92 Stinger surface-to-air missile has earned a reputation for deadly accuracy.

The only good news is the Stinger has a range of 16000 feet, so as long as they stay above that they should be OK.
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• what do they have if they shoot the plane down?
                            They are interested in money nothing else.
                            one more thing...
                            they don't need ads-b to see plane under 16000ft
                            little paranoic i think...
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                              what do they have if they shoot the plane down?
                              They are interested in money nothing else.
                              one more thing...
                              they don't need ads-b to see plane under 16000ft
                              little paranoic i think...
                              Somalia and Ethiopia might be neighboring countries but they have a long history of wars and conflicts. Somalia would love more then anything to take out an Ethiopian jet, and a brand new 787 "Made in America" would be on the top of their list.

Stingers are heat seeking missiles which limits the range ... however what if they have acquired a more advanced surface-to-air missile system which uses radar to lock onto its target. Well with ADS-B transmitting the aircraft's latitude, longitude, and altitude you wouldn't even need any primary radar system to find the target.

Amper, I'm sure you remember back in 1999 the shoot-down of an F-117A Nighthawk stealth aircraft. The F-117A was designed to be undetectable by radar... however Unknown to NATO, Yugoslav air defenses operators had found they could detect F-117s with their "obsolete" Soviet radars after some modifications.

What to stop the Somalian's or some other adversary from doing "some modifications" of their own to use ADS-B ?
                              Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-12, 10:59.
                              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• i think this is way OT. I have some facts too. but other time other place
                                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
                                X