MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
    Mike can you reveal to us what totally crazy coverage means range wise?
    Of course this presents a challenge.
    My guess is perhaps a full 360 degree coverage with range up to 250-275nm? Just a guess. Hopefully Mike will have a say about it...

And going off topic, there certainly is a lot of FAQ asked in the forum (premium, coverage, MLAT, radarcodes/uploads) recently where a lot is covered on the Read This First page/FAQ. Please please read that first...

Comment

• Cool, the north of EHAM is now also covered, thanks a lot!

Comment

• No Brasil já temos a cobertura MLAT4. Agora eu queria saber; Essa cobertura será expandida em tudo o Brasil?

Google Translate used, Speedbird.
        In Brazil already have the MLAT4 coverage. Now I wanted to know; This coverage will be expanded in all Brazil?
        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-20, 17:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddthebest View Post
          No Brasil já temos a cobertura MLAT4. Agora eu queria saber; Essa cobertura será expandida em tudo o Brasil?

Google Translate used, Speedbird.
          In Brazil already have the MLAT4 coverage. Now I wanted to know; This coverage will be expanded in all Brazil?
          Just making a small correction:

In Brazil We already have the MLAT Coverage. Now I want to know if this coverage will be expanded in the whole country

(:

Comment

• In Brazil We already have the MLAT Coverage. Now I want to know if this coverage will be expanded in the whole country

Comment

• 650 feet:
              http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-2014-03-23-...at-650feet.jpg
              Last edited by Jarod; 2014-03-28, 19:31. Reason: filename update

Comment

• Originally posted by eddthebest View Post
                In Brazil We already have the MLAT Coverage. Now I want to know if this coverage will be expanded in the whole country
                Coverage will expand but it will for sure not cover whole country.

Comment

• I noticed that since F-LFST2 is online number M-LAT located aircraft has increased dramatically in my area.

M-LAT planes approaching EDSB and LFST still disappear when descending above approx 2600ft. I do not know if having M-LAT planes as low as possible is wanted, if it is the case I could try to convince some geeky friends to host an FR24 receiver in the area.
                  F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Comment

• Strasbourg-Luxembourg-Metz is one of the worst covered MLAT areas in Europe so we will for sure be sending more receivers to that area.

Comment

• MLAT will go live in Australia later today.
                      Coverage is still quite bad, with best coverage around Brisbane.
                      Perth should get another receiver this week that should help showing all departing and arriving MH370 search aircraft.

Other regions will follow. Right now 8 receivers are in shipping to Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        MLAT will go live in Australia later today.
                        Perth should get another receiver this week that should help showing all departing and arriving MH370 search aircraft.

So it's T-MLAT3 for Australia.

Any chance of a MLAT in Hong Kong in the future? Are you looking into Asia at all for MLAT?

Comment

• Mike, is it possible to tell us what are the feeders in Brazil that are processing MLAT data?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            MLAT will go live in Australia later today.

Hi Mike,

I am quite literally right next to YPPH (YPPH-17, I can see all the ground traffic and planes almost literally fly over my head to land on runway 3) and would love to help with MLAT. I already have a mode-s beast, but I understand you're only allowing MLAT to be done with your own hardware currently? Is there a way I could make my setup MLAT capable, or would I have to apply to get one of your machines?

Comment

• Originally posted by shaneshort View Post
                              Hi Mike,

I am quite literally right next to YPPH (YPPH-17, I can see all the ground traffic and planes almost literally fly over my head to land on runway 3) and would love to help with MLAT. I already have a mode-s beast, but I understand you're only allowing MLAT to be done with your own hardware currently? Is there a way I could make my setup MLAT capable, or would I have to apply to get one of your machines?
                              Hi there,

There are 2 ways to contribute to MLAT in FR24:

1) Radarcape - You have to buy one, and it's expensive. link here: http://www.shop-modesbeast.com/
                              2) Free FR24 equipment which however you cannot feed to other tracking sites. Apply here http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment and they will evaluate whether you are suitable to host their equipment.

Hope this helps and good day.

Comment

• shaneshort

F-EDLE1
                                Hi,. It take s, four "F" Recievers to show a MLAT plane on the FR24 screen.
                                therefore, only the F recievers are being use for such reception.

Sounds like, you have a really good position, so why not apply for a FR24 Box.
                                If you can see the airport with your own eyes.An Antenne on your roof would
                                see even better, and more.
                                A picture of your suroundings would also help you. 360°.

Send and apply too... : http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Hooroo
                                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                                X