Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We have made some optimizations with the MLAT protocol so more aircraft are visible with less data sent from receivers.

    When looking at coverage now, we are quite satisfied with coverage in most parts of Europe. But there are still some parts where we want to increase MLAT coverage, and are missing applications. If you can host a receiver in any of these areas please apply on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

    Northern UK/Scotland - Stornoway/Inverness/Thurso/Kirkwall/Aberdeen/Lerwick
    Northern Norway/Sweden/Finland
    Russia - S:t Petersburg
    Parts of France/Germany/Switzerland/Luxemburg - Metz/Nancy/Strasbourg/Frankfurt/Karlsruhe/Basel/Bern/Zurich
    Hungary
    Moldavia
    Serbia
    Albania
    Turkey

    BTW, all receiver issues are not confirmed 100% fixed yet.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Still no success with MLAT in Brazil, but we have now shipped another 15 receivers to Brazil, including 2 airports and 4 really good premium locations which should give MLAT in about 3-4 weeks time.
      And now we have first MLAT aircraft over Brazil.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/47pslupemik6iix/mlat36.PNG

      We expect MLAT in Australia and Brazil to go live in about 1-2 weeks.
      Also Canary Islands should get MLAT in about 2-3 weeks.

      Comment


      • http://x264.nl/dump/oosad-2014-03-08.jpg - 10 small aircraft and 2 KLM E190 visible via MLAT

        Really cool, PH-BNK is very close to this aircraft.
        On 124.3 MHz Schiphol EHAA INFORMATION FIS Noordzee (over land), i am hearing all these aircraft talk. Not all, but a lot are visible. Very cool!
        Last edited by Jarod; 2014-03-08, 11:58.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jarod View Post
          http://x264.nl/dump/oosad-2014-03-08.jpg - 10 small aircraft and 2 KLM E190 visible via MLAT

          Really cool, PH-BNK is very close to this aircraft.
          On 124.3 MHz Schiphol EHAA INFORMATION FIS Noordzee (over land), i am hearing all these aircraft talk. Not all, but a lot are visible. Very cool!
          I just wish the map area this picture is of was a little brighter

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mike View Post
            And now we have first MLAT aircraft over Brazil.
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/47pslupemik6iix/mlat36.PNG

            We expect MLAT in Australia and Brazil to go live in about 1-2 weeks.
            Also Canary Islands should get MLAT in about 2-3 weeks.
            Very good news about MLAT in Brazil. I'm "F-SBLO1" feeder and very excited with all this improvement over in my country. It's good to be a very little sandstone in this giant beautiful beach. May The Force be with you!

            Comment


            • Hello. Is MLAT available in Canada/US on Flight Radar. If so, do I have to do anything in particular to access it? Thanks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
                Hello. Is MLAT available in Canada/US on Flight Radar. If so, do I have to do anything in particular to access it? Thanks.
                Yes it is available. Please see earlier posts in this topic:

                http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ighlight=MLAT2

                MLAT at US/Canada falls under radarcode T-MLAT2. You can under filter>radar>T-MLAT2 to see MLAT specific a/c only at US/Canada.

                Comment


                • Thanks North Borneo Radar!

                  Comment


                  • Nice we got a new MLAT receiver north of Schiphol, the result:

                    http://x264.nl/dump/klm1172-2014-03-17-mlat.jpg

                    F-EHAM1 <-- ground level reception
                    F-EHAM2 <-- ground level reception
                    F-EHBK1 <-- south/east of eham, outside TMA reception
                    F-EHGG1 <-- north/east of eham, outside TMA reception
                    F-EHGG2 <-- north/east of eham, outside TMA reception
                    F-EHKD1 <-- north of eham, short final reception
                    F-EHRD1 <-- south/west of eham, short final reception
                    F-EHRD2 <-- south/west of eham, short final reception
                    F-EHTW1 <-- east of eham, inside TMA reception
                    F-EHVB1 <-- south/west of eham, ground level/short final reception

                    bold = MLAT at low level around Schiphol.

                    I noticed F-EHKD1 also picking up helicopters at EHKD.

                    I can also pickup signals from there:
                    http://x264.nl/dump/hnl25b-2014-02-24-min.jpg

                    I guess we need two more receivers to do some heli-over-the-north-sea MLATing.

                    Comment


                    • I think I have found the answer. 3 of our strongest receivers ever were activated this weekend.

                      New FR24 receivers

                      F-EHKD1 activated in Den Helder, Netherlands (totally crazy coverage)
                      F-EGVN1 activated in Brize Norton, United Kingdom (totally crazy coverage)
                      F-LFAC1 activated in Calais, France (totally crazy coverage)
                      Also Belfast activated earlier last week have very, very good coverage.
                      Aircraft and helicopters flying on 1000 feet are now a common view in some parts of Europe.

                      Comment


                      • What is totally crazy coverage? in NM or KM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          New FR24 receivers

                          F-EHKD1 activated in Den Helder, Netherlands (totally crazy coverage)
                          F-EGVN1 activated in Brize Norton, United Kingdom (totally crazy coverage)
                          F-LFAC1 activated in Calais, France (totally crazy coverage)
                          Wow.. for Mike to say totally crazy coverage must be something. Gonna have a look. Crazy coverage made possible by the free receivers and good selection process. Many thanks for the efforts put into it.

                          Comment


                          • MLAT in Brazil will probably go live today. The bad thing is that just like Iceland and most parts of US we don't get any callsign out of the transponder, so there will be no route for these flights.

                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/rojugzpzslzq8g6/mlat40.PNG

                            Comment


                            • Interesting about F-EHKD1, there are no tall buildings north of my location that are higher where i am planning on putting another receiver.
                              Or move the current with your permission, about 90 meters tall.

                              Well there are two: and they are radio masts, that begs a question: Would a FR24 receiver work in a radio mast with kilowatts of FM/DVB-T/DAB/UMTS and more transmitters?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                MLAT in Brazil will probably go live today. The bad thing is that just like Iceland and most parts of US we don't get any callsign out of the transponder, so there will be no route for these flights.

                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/rojugzpzslzq8g6/mlat40.PNG

                                Use the REG or TYPE of the aircraft as you do in Europe?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X