MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Users of Gunter's Radarcape can now update to a new firmware which includes a FR24 MLAT Feeder. This FR24 MLAT Feeder ONLY applies to radarcape only. MLAT should probably improve around Europe? Let's keep an eye.

please see: http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape..._140124.08.32c

What is a radarcape?
    http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape:Contents
    Excellent, will FR24 accept the MLAT data from those feeds?

Comment

• I wanted to ask the same question and how will these feeds appear as T- or a new group, may be R-
      Last edited by eddm_muc; 2014-01-24, 18:08.

Comment

• I would also like to find out the answer to the question in post #181.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Just tried the mlat on my radarcape and the process terminates and i stop transmitting anything. Fallen back to normal feed for now, i'll do some digging tomorrow.

edit:
          I think there is a little oddness on the radarcape when i select the feed with MLAT option it doesnt always seem to set stuff up right (in my case anyway) With a little bit of fiddling i got it going with MLAT.
          Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-01-26, 01:07. Reason: Got it working
          T-EGLF8

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            Excellent, will FR24 accept the MLAT data from those feeds?
            Yes, but currently only within Europe and North America.

Originally posted by eddm_muc
            I wanted to ask the same question and how will these feeds appear as T- or a new group, may be R-
            ADS-B traffic will be attributed to T-xxxx for feeds with a permanent sharing key or Rxxxx for anonymous feeders. MLAT traffic will not be attributed to any specific receiver as it would be impossible to do so. It will get T-MLATx code depending on which server is in use.

There will be a new release today that will fix reconnecting issue for MLAT feeds. Please note that you need to reboot the Radarcape after you change the settings as otherwise it seem not to work.

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                Yes, but currently only within Europe and North America.

ADS-B traffic will be attributed to T-xxxx for feeds with a permanent sharing key or Rxxxx for anonymous feeders. MLAT traffic will not be attributed to any specific receiver as it would be impossible to do so. It will get T-MLATx code depending on which server is in use.

There will be a new release today that will fix reconnecting issue for MLAT feeds. Please note that you need to reboot the Radarcape after you change the settings as otherwise it seem not to work.
                Excellent... and like eddm_muc, thanks for the info. At least we know for sure now FR24 accepts Gunter's Radarcape's MLAT data. There was confusion before whether MLAT data was accepted or not.

Comment

• ... [There was confusion before whether MLAT data was accepted ] from non 'F-' radarcapes.

Comment

• fyi...

flightradar24.com now offers MLAT coverage on Iceland.

Using the T-MLAT radar code. Iceland MLAT coverage started on Jan 29th, 2014
                    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-02-01, 07:30.
                    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• what is T-MLAT2 feeder? anything new or just technicality?

Comment

• T-MLAT = MLAT in Europe and some other areas.

T-MLAT2 = MLAT in North America (mostly in United States and Canada)

T-MLAT3 = MLAT in Australia area.
                        [First MLAT test in Australia. Not public yet.]
                        Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-02-19, 03:13.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

• MLAT coverage has been decreasing a lot near Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM/AMS) lately.

Now it has been extreme with aircraft not even reaching the TMA and they are already off the map.
                          KLM1212 (north-east) and HOP3570 (south-west) playback 2014-02-19 06:30 UTC really vanish early.

Far above FL100 the aircraft go off the map.

This used to be almost down to 1000 feet:
                          Last edited by Jarod; 2014-02-19, 06:49.

Comment

• How about MLATs here in Brazil?

Comment

• Originally posted by everton_cwb View Post
                              How about MLATs here in Brazil?
                              From what I heard MLAT didn't work out very well in Brazil do to poor Internet connection speeds. MLAT is very time critical and each station location requires a fast and stable internet connection to the MLAT server.
                              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• We will be making new tests i Brazil next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X