The FAA Database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FAA Database?

I keep seeing references to the FAA database that drives the orange planes on the flightradar display. I tried looking through some of the other forums, but it wasn't obvious where this was coming from. I'm a student at Ohio University and I wanted to play around with some UAV sense and avoid tests using this kind of data. Does anyone have more specific information on either the name of the database, or maybe a link to it? The delay is for this stage of tests I want to do, even historical data will do.

Thanks.

And you can download the entire CAR here: http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...raft_download/
    RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
    Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

What I was really looking for was the positions of the aircraft. That does not appear to be in this archive, or am I reading the contents document wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by cm492997 View Post
        What I was really looking for was the positions of the aircraft. That does not appear to be in this archive, or am I reading the contents document wrong?
        I think you could be looking for Flightaware, the data is from the FAA.

AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Yes, that is the kind of information I am looking for, I was just hoping to get something a little more computer friendly. It looks like I might be able to parse the webpage source and refresh from time to time, but I was hoping for something a little more raw I could process myself.

Comment

To get access to FAA ASDI data you need to apply directly to FAA. There are quite big technical requirements and the process takes 6-18 months to get approved.

Comment

Ah, wonderful, that's the kind of thing I was wondering. I should probably tell someone at the university to take care of that so we can make sure students can get easy access in the future. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X