Clear All

• scanhorse
    replied
    ADS-B Gets Green Light, GPS Backup Less Clear

see other thread Ulf Scanhorse

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    I would suggest that flights being over land isn't the reason for the lack of ADS-B equipment on US and Canadian domestic aircraft.

The FAA's initial reluctance to support the adoption of ADS-B is the more likely cause.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan T
    replied
    There are active radar box users in Portland, LAX and Minneapolis who generally offer modest cover, but as mentioned above, there is a general lack of ADS-B on domestic fleets across the USA and Canada, which seriously limits what FR24 can display. Primary reason is that most routes are overland, so the terrestrial nav-aids provide all the positioning data flights require and of course all airfields have their local radar to position these non ADS-B operations. You will find that most FR24 tracked flights in this region are with International carriers!

Leave a comment:

• nicholls
    replied
    hi, this is also true over asia and other parts of the world

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    I see lots of traffic on the west coast of the United States on FR24.

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ has traffic on the East Coast & West Coast of the United States.

Leave a comment:

• LN-MOW
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    Simple. No one in the USA is feeding data to FR24.
    Not entirely true. There is some coverage around LAX and in the Pacific NW, which enables us to see a lot of Boeings testflights as well as the regular traffic in the area. However, as ADS-B is not as widely used on aircraft in the US, there is a lot of traffic we can't see, even with coverage. Notably, neither Southwest nor Alaska Airlines have ADS-B in their fleet.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Please read this http://www.flightradar24.com/about.php

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Simple. No one in the USA is feeding data to FR24.

Leave a comment:

• SpookiePower
    started a topic No planes over USA ?

No planes over USA ?

I don't see any planes over USA, how can this be ?
Working...
X