Just a minor observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a minor observation...

I just noticed a little thing which I think is new,but not sure.When aircraft overfly an airport which is marked with a blue disc,the aircraft appear to fly 'under' the disc and become partially obscured.I know this is of no consequence whatsoever,but I don't think this was always the case.I noticed it when I had zoomed out of Belfast EGAA and 3 aircraft were in fact 'hidden' under the disc.

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
    I just noticed a little thing which I think is new,but not sure.When aircraft overfly an airport which is marked with a blue disc,the aircraft appear to fly 'under' the disc and become partially obscured.I know this is of no consequence whatsoever,but I don't think this was always the case.I noticed it when I had zoomed out of Belfast EGAA and 3 aircraft were in fact 'hidden' under the disc.
    I have also noticed this, at first it annoyed me but then i realized that it has probably been done because it gives easier access to the Arrival Boards at each Airport Marker, as they where previously covered by Aircraft which meant you needed to zoom right in.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-08-02, 10:09.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

This has been changed in preparation for launch of the new and improved arrival/departure boards. Before it was almost impossible to click the airport without zooming.

Just a small preview with several things still missing

Comment

That looks fantastic, i love the addition of the Aircraft registration.

Comment

The estimated time are from FR24 or from flightstats ?

Also the same question regarding the STD, ATD and the STA, ETA ?

Comment

They are not from flightstats but from similar source as flightstats. Also non ADS-B flights will be visible on boards.
            Departure boards will have full schedules of departing traffic, before departure and in some cases we will have reg before departure

Comment

It's cool, and I see that the codeshare flight will be visible too !!

Comment

Brilliant, and the clock will also calm those with the 'local time' issue. I too used to get flustered at times trying to get to the marker 'under' the aircraft and like the change on that basis alone. It's very quick to access.

Regards,
                Gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2013-08-02, 10:56.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

It would be better if the codeshares flights were grouped together with the main flight. And also make a distinction between codeshare flight and main flight.
                  Last edited by hillel24; 2013-08-02, 10:56.

Comment

That looks great. It was always a problem to get to the airport under the mass of European flights. Not so bad up here in the far South of Africa where we still go to look at overfllghts!

Comment

All of that makes a great deal of sense.Great idea!

Comment

Will we still be able to "Go To" an individual flight? I don't see a "go to" button on the screen, just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                          Will we still be able to "Go To" an individual flight? I don't see a "go to" button on the screen, just asking.
                          Hi John.

The new Arrivals Table is not ready yet, quote by Mike below.

Just a small preview with several things still missing

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                            Hi John.

The new Arrivals Table is not ready yet, quote by Mike below.
                            OK just a query. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X