Reasons for 7xxx alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for 7xxx alerts

Guys, sorry if this has been discussed previously, I did try a search but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I've only recently enabled the Squawk 7600 7700 function and today I received my first alert - for an aircraft over France. The aircraft displayed red and, upon selecting it, I could find out all the usual information but nothing about the particular squawk reason. Is this possible and if so how? Someone on the reviews section mentioned receiving one for a lightning strike. How did they find this out? Cheers.

You can't. The only way to know is if you work for said airline and are privvy

Sometimes AVherald publish the reason, but this information is often based on what is head via ATC. And nearly always AFTER the incident. Not during.

PS, moved post. As this is a broad spread subject and not related to issues with the app software
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok. Thanks for your answer.

Comment

http://avherald.com/ if you still know the one that alerted
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

.... there's also this site;

YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
          X