Airline logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline logo

How do you show airline logos right next to the planes? Or is this option only available for the app? Thanks

It's not available on the web as it would be too slow.

Comment

Hi
      Is there any way now to show airline logos on the web?
      They work on my iPad which is far slower than my PC and direct connection.

I have Windows 7 and Firefox.

Comment

How do you show airline logos right next to the planes? Or is this option only available for the app? Thanks
        It's not available on the web as it would be too slow.
        Is there any way now to show airline logos on the web?
        ?!?!?!

They work on my iPad which is far slower than my PC and direct connection.
        You can't compare 2 completly different things. You can play a quick 3D game on the iPAD but not in a browser. A browser have very limited drawing capabilities. An iPad app using an API have much better possibilities to draw more things and draw it faster than a browser.

Comment

Maybe they want a PC app for FR24
          ... Time to get a games company onboard - the underlying maps might be a problem though since they're web based

Comment

There is no app support in Windows 7 or earlier.
            On Windows 8 and Mac OS apps are available and there is a FR24 app with logos available for both platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              ?!?!?!

You can't compare 2 completly different things. You can play a quick 3D game on the iPAD but not in a browser. A browser have very limited drawing capabilities. An iPad app using an API have much better possibilities to draw more things and draw it faster than a browser.
              Yes but you can compare 2 completely equal things...
              Other online live flight trackers show logos in Firefox using Windows 7.
              I chose to buy FT24 because overall I found it superior... however I would love to see logos in my browser like the competition has.

Comment

The other tracker is probably using a completely different technique and they are not using Google Maps to draw the logos on the map as this would be too slow.
                You use something called canvas to draw a second layer on top of the map. This is something that has several limits and drawbacks and we have no plans to use this technique today.
                Logos is and will be something limited to platforms not using Google Maps web API.

Comment

I'm also a big fan of airline logos in the mobile applications and wanted to register to show my support for hopefully seeing it on the web in the future. What sort of limitations/drawbacks does the "canvas" technique have?

Comment

We have no plans to discuss our web development or future features in the public, I think I made it very clear in my last post.

Logos is and will be something limited to platforms not using Google Maps web API.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      The other tracker is probably using a completely different technique and they are not using Google Maps to draw the logos on the map as this would be too slow.
                      You use something called canvas to draw a second layer on top of the map. This is something that has several limits and drawbacks and we have no plans to use this technique today.
                      I'm not trying to cause problems here.
                      If you don't want to discuss it that's fine.
                      I simply asked a general question about a feature I saw on another tracker.
                      (and they DO seem to be using Google Maps for their map. It has a big "Google" logo at the bottom left and says "Map data 2014 Google" at the bottom right.
                      But of course they may indeed be using a different technique as you mentioned above.

Comment

Airsial

Comment

Working...
                        X