Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FlightRadar24 - Not posting/uploading my Real-Time Flight Data to the FD24 Server

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightRadar24 - Not posting/uploading my Real-Time Flight Data to the FD24 Server

Am running the FR24 Program that uploads my flight data to the FR24 Servers.
    Program is running however it doesn't seem to be posting my data....

From the Running FR24 Program: (my key is OK)

Alias: KEGE1
    Position: N39.660 W106.549
    GND: YES Mode-S: YES
    Protocol: udp
    Basestation: OK [00 AC]
    Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]
    Info: N/A
    TX/AC Loss: 0.0%/0.0%

From checking with the FR24 (server status page) below

Account status: Active until July 27, 2013.
    Subscription: As a ADS-B data feeder to the Flightradar24 network, you don't need a subscription, you get access to Premium for free as long as you feed data.

Your feeds
    Radar: T-KEGE1 Status: Online Last upload: 2013-07-21 00:18:07

Additional Issue: my Radar (T-KEGE1) does show up in the list of available Radars...either...
    Suspect that if I was uploaded the data my "radar" would show up in the list...

(filter, active filters, add filter)

Anybody have any clue how to make this work?

Originally posted by skierinavon View Post
    Am running the FR24 Program that uploads my flight data to the FR24 Servers.
    Program is running however it doesn't seem to be posting my data....

From the Running FR24 Program: (my key is OK)

Alias: KEGE1
    Position: N39.660 W106.549
    GND: YES Mode-S: YES
    Protocol: udp
    Basestation: OK [00 AC]
    Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]
    Info: N/A
    TX/AC Loss: 0.0%/0.0%

From checking with the FR24 (server status page) below

Account status: Active until July 27, 2013.
    Subscription: As a ADS-B data feeder to the Flightradar24 network, you don't need a subscription, you get access to Premium for free as long as you feed data.

Your feeds
    Radar: T-KEGE1 Status: Online Last upload: 2013-07-21 00:18:07

Additional Issue: my Radar (T-KEGE1) does show up in the list of available Radars...either...
    Suspect that if I was uploaded the data my "radar" would show up in the list...

(filter, active filters, add filter)

Anybody have any clue how to make this work?
    I cant pretend to be an expert on the uploader software but I think I can give you a few hints;
    Firstly, the line "Basestation: OK [00 AC]" would indicate that at the moment in time that you got this message from your uploader software that you havent got any ads-b equipped aircraft from your receiver to upload.
    Secondly, the line "Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]" indicates that at some stage you have been uploading data to the server (but it may not necessarily appear on the map), and your status 'Online Last upload: 2013-07-21 00:18:07' seems to indicate that you have been sending data and it is being received up to that date. How much data is a matter I really cant comment on.

As for your radar not showing in the 'radars' list on the map (I'm presuming here that this is actually what you meant to type), it wont unless the server software is actually using your data to display an aircraft (or multiple aircraft) on the map. If there are multiple receivers in your area (as there are in mine here in SYD) then you may not appear in the list at all times. This is a bit of a bummer for those of us who like to check not only ours but other radars that are presently online but is something we presently just have to live with.

Hope this is helpful,
    Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-21, 01:54.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
      I cant pretend to be an expert on the uploader software but I think I can give you a few hints;
      Firstly, the line "Basestation: OK [00 AC]" would indicate that at the moment in time that you got this message from your uploader software that you havent got any ads-b equipped aircraft from your receiver to upload.
      Secondly, the line "Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]" indicates that at some stage you have been uploading data to the server (but it may not necessarily appear on the map), and your status 'Online Last upload: 2013-07-21 00:18:07' seems to indicate that you have been sending data and it is being received up to that date. How much data is a matter I really cant comment on.

As for your radar not showing in the 'radars' list on the map, it wont unless the server software is actually using your data to display an aircraft (or multiple aircraft) on the map. If there are multiple receivers in your area (as there are in mine here in SYD) then you may not appear in the list at all times.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Thank You Gregg!
      I am still scratching my head...
      My Virtual Radar Server - http://airtraffic.internetvail.com:8.../GoogleMap.htm
      Reports plenty of real time Aircraft traffic.

Still can't figure out why this real-time data is (not being?) uploaded to the FR24 servers on the Internet...

Thanks again for commenting.

-Pete Avon, Colorado

Comment

Pete,
        No worries at all,
        I'm only seeing 1 aircraft at the moment although there were a couple of mode-s only (no ads-b so no positional info) which disappeared on your link. Remember you'll only upload (as we all do except now for the MLAT uploaders) 'ads-b' equipped aircraft and if there's only 1 at the moment and you have other radars in the area there's a big chance you may not see yours on the map (or your radar on the list). I can have 30 or so aircraft on my radar at any given time and may only see anywhere from 0 (duck egg) to a few or perhaps 13-18 at any one time on the map. My average is probably around 6-7 aircraft on the map at best.

NOTE: If the date and time on your status page continue to update and the line on your software uploader "Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]" continues to increase then your data is being received. (That's the 0.01MB bit). I also use the Virtual Radar Server and that in itself is a good indication that all is well with your setup as long as you also remember to start your upload software (unless it is set to do so automatically) for FR24.

It's also worth remembering that even though at a given point in time you may not be appearing to get many of your aircraft 'onto the map' this isnt always the case over a period of a day (or longer period) as radars can be switching on and off. The case I pointed out with my own radar bears this out- it varies depending on many factors.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-21, 02:46.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

ALL discussions regarding feeding software in this thread! -> FR24feed software (The ONLY windows feeder software thread!)

Comment

Working...
          X