Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Map when I use Jump to Area

Dear All
    I have been a premium user of FR24 for over a year and have never had a problem until yesterday. I was using the jump to area function, when I did so the map disappeared to a black screen, the aircraft still painted and all other functions worked fine except I have no idea where I am looking !!
    This doesn't correct itself on a restart of the browser or computer (Macbook on OSX 10.8.4) so once it has occurred the website becomes unusable on that browser. It occurs on every browser I have (Chrome, Firefox and Safari).

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

C

Hi. Try here... http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...s-this-morning .
    Cheers, Dom. (YSSY7)

Comment

Originally posted by Dom787 View Post
      Thank very much that did the trick

C

Comment

This black screen is an obvious and bloody annoying bug that needs to be properly addressed and remedied. I find it to only be a problem with the premium version with three different browsers and yes I've read the "solutions" in various posts here but in my view manually deleting cookies and saved bookmarks is a mighty poor solution to a problem in an application that I have paid for. The quickest way I've found to get rid of the black screen and retain the bookmarks is to run the freeware SpyBot program which, I must say, is a bit disconcerting considering what that program is supposed to be for.

There is so little difference between the free and premium editions of FR24 that I would not pay for it again unless I can store bookmarks indefinitely. I can live with the ads. BTW FR24 bookmarks may use cookies somewhere in their implementation but some part of the bookmark is stored on the central server because cookies are local and I can retrieve my bookmarks on any computer anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          This black screen is an obvious and bloody annoying bug that needs to be properly addressed and remedied. I find it to only be a problem with the premium version with three different browsers and yes I've read the "solutions" in various posts here but in my view manually deleting cookies and saved bookmarks is a mighty poor solution to a problem in an application that I have paid for. The quickest way I've found to get rid of the black screen and retain the bookmarks is to run the freeware SpyBot program which, I must say, is a bit disconcerting considering what that program is supposed to be for.

There is so little difference between the free and premium editions of FR24 that I would not pay for it again unless I can store bookmarks indefinitely. I can live with the ads. BTW FR24 bookmarks may use cookies somewhere in their implementation but some part of the bookmark is stored on the central server because cookies are local and I can retrieve my bookmarks on any computer anywhere.
          The bug has been fixed, and it happens only to people with old cookies. If you delete cookies you will get rid of the old cookie and the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X