No announcement yet.

Cockpit/3D view problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome always worked for me in the past.Nothing's changed for me computer-wise,so I don't intend to change browsers.Looks like I'll just have to admit defeat on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
      Chrome always worked for me in the past.Nothing's changed for me computer-wise,so I don't intend to change browsers.Looks like I'll just have to admit defeat on this one.
      The problem is the developers constantly make changes to their browsers so we have little control over change. To compensate I run a variety of browsers and usually dedicate each to a particular use or interest, if something changes and affects what I am doing I switch that "use" to another browser, fortunately there are many browser choices. The other advantage is I don't need to have a ton of windows open in a single browser therefore keeping tabs to a minimum - I treat each browsers like an app and have it load with preset pages (for that "interest") I frequent often. Anyway, it has worked for me.

Comment

Ok DRL.I decided to bite the bullet,take your advice and try Avant.Can't do any harm I thought.Guess what!! The exact same thing happens as with Chrome.Installed GE plug-in.Window appears with small Google window with aircraft icon,as normal.Timer device starts to rotate then grinds to a halt.Computer freezes.Have to exit by manual switch-off.Apart from that,Avant looks quite promising as a browser.
        Re 3D.Do I need Google earth installed.Yes or no?.If not,then I can't think of anything else I can do.The fact that it used to work perfectly really vexes me.Thanx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
          Ok DRL.I decided to bite the bullet,take your advice and try Avant.Can't do any harm I thought.Guess what!! The exact same thing happens as with Chrome.Installed GE plug-in.Window appears with small Google window with aircraft icon,as normal.Timer device starts to rotate then grinds to a halt.Computer freezes.Have to exit by manual switch-off.Apart from that,Avant looks quite promising as a browser.
          Re 3D.Do I need Google earth installed.Yes or no?.If not,then I can't think of anything else I can do.The fact that it used to work perfectly really vexes me.Thanx in advance.
          You do not need Google Earth. just the Plug In.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

I thought that I had read that somewhere.Thanx for confirming it SB.Now,everything seems to be pointing to something on my PC which is preventing the program from running.Normally Chrome would have sufficed,but having tried Avant as recommended by DRL and finding everything still the same.I'm at a loss as to what to try next.I'd really like to have 3D running on the PC as it looks so good on my Android phone.

Comment

cockpit view

Can anyone tell me why I can no longer access cockpit view, I get a message telling me that I have installed Google Earth but still nothing happens

Comment

3D

Hello everyone

Just wonder of someone can help. I wanted to use the 3D cockpit view but despite installing 'Google Earth' I still get an error message telling me to install is there way round this.

Thank
                Rov

Comment

Guys,

I am not an expert but you need the Google Earth PLUG IN not Google Earth. If you do not know how to install the Plug In do a web search for instructions for your browser.

Comment

I purchased FR on my Windows phone and cockpit view works well. No Google Earth in sight. I then purchased FR app on Windows 8.1 for use on a Surface 2 (Windows RT). The app works well apart from there is no cockpit view option. Google Earth is not an option on this device. Any solution/upgrade to the app to use Bing Maps? Also, why does it work on WP8.1 and not on a Windows tablet?

Comment

Working...
                    X