No announcement yet.

Cockpit/3D view problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd remove the Google Earth Plug-in and then let the browser install it again.

Comment

1) Remove ALL Google Earth products from the computer
      2) Restart computer (don't cheat with this one)
      3) Install Google Earth or Google Earth plugin
      4) Restart computer (don't cheat with this one)
      5) Run cockpit view in Chrome or Firefox - if not working now, there is an issue with Windows and/or Graphic card driver.

Please do not use Internet Explorer. Flightradar24 relies heavily on the use of JavaScript. JavaScript is a browser feature and performance is different depending on browser and browser version. Java is NOT the same as JavaScript, and Java is neither needed or used on Flightradar24. Internet Explorer performance in handling JavaScript is very bad. Microsoft has lately started to claim that JavaScript performance has improved in latest version of IE. Maybe it's better, but it's still far behind Chrome and Firefox. Flash is not used on Flightradar24.

Google is optimizing JavaScript handling in Chrome very hard, so we strongly recommend Chrome as the primary browser for viewing Flightradar24. So Flightradar24 is not optimized for Chrome, but Chrome is optimized to handle Flightradar24 (JavaScript) as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        1) Remove ALL Google Earth products from the computer
        2) Restart computer (don't cheat with this one)
        3) Install Google Earth or Google Earth plugin
        4) Restart computer (don't cheat with this one)
        5) Run cockpit view in Chrome or Firefox - if not working now, there is an issue with Windows and/or Graphic card driver.

Please do not use Internet Explorer. Flightradar24 relies heavily on the use of JavaScript. JavaScript is a browser feature and performance is different depending on browser and browser version. Java is NOT the same as JavaScript, and Java is neither needed or used on Flightradar24. Internet Explorer performance in handling JavaScript is very bad. Microsoft has lately started to claim that JavaScript performance has improved in latest version of IE. Maybe it's better, but it's still far behind Chrome and Firefox. Flash is not used on Flightradar24.

Google is optimizing JavaScript handling in Chrome very hard, so we strongly recommend Chrome as the primary browser for viewing Flightradar24. So Flightradar24 is not optimized for Chrome, but Chrome is optimized to handle Flightradar24 (JavaScript) as fast as possible.

Did that - made no difference (or made it worse), but...
        if I set Google Earth to work in OpenGL mode prior to starting Chrome 3D view works correctly
        if I leave Chrome, switch Google Earth back to DirectX mode - it's still OK while on the same plane, but goes wonky again if I choose a different plane

I don't know if this is a setting that the API allows you to select as a parameter - DirectX would be preferred for vanilla GoogleEarth and OpenGL for FR24 cockpit view (for me anyway).

BTW. Running Win7 Pro X32, Graphics card is GeForce GTX660 with latest drivers (windows performance on graphics is 7.9 ... that is the top possible measurement).
        Last edited by peterhr; 2013-08-21, 18:51.

Comment

3D/Cockpit view issues

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum.... I cannot access the "cockpit view", even though I installed Google Earth...
          When I click on 3D/cockpit view, I get a message that states my "Google Earth plug in is now installed. Restart the browser to see it in action."
          My browser is Microsoft Explorer. However I don't know what "re - start the browser" means...... I've closed everything and even re - started my computer, but I continue to get the same message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kapeets View Post
            I hope I'm posting in the correct forum.... I cannot access the "cockpit view", even though I installed Google Earth...
            When I click on 3D/cockpit view, I get a message that states my "Google Earth plug in is now installed. Restart the browser to see it in action."
            My browser is Microsoft Explorer. However I don't know what "re - start the browser" means...... I've closed everything and even re - started my computer, but I continue to get the same message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
            Try with Google Chrome, Microsoft Explorer is not compatible with Flightradar24.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Please look 3 posts up
              All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Comment

3D Radar no longer works

Since having my PC rebuilt, I am unable to make the 3d radar display. I have downloaded Google Earth and am still told that the "plug in has been installed" and that the browser needs to be rebooted. I have rebooted IE several times, rebooted Flight radar several times, and this message still displays. What am I missing?

Thank you

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Footplate View Post
                  Since having my PC rebuilt, I am unable to make the 3d radar display. I have downloaded Google Earth and am still told that the "plug in has been installed" and that the browser needs to be rebooted. I have rebooted IE several times, rebooted Flight radar several times, and this message still displays. What am I missing?

Thank you

Ron
                  Moved into a forum with past suggestions...

Chances are its now got a later version of IE on it.. which is not recommended/supported for FR24 features. You should be using something like Chrome or Firefox. Secondly you don't need google earth on the PC, only the plugin which can be installed separately as the 2 combined can cause conflicts with versions of the plugin.

Try total removal of GE/plugin and re-install from here

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

thanks for this. I have reinstalled Chrome but am still receiving the same message. Sigh!

Comment

Continuing problem with 3D

I'm running Google Chrome with XP Pro.FR24 works great but 3D is causing great concern.I've installed the GE plug-in but when I click '3D' the small screen appears, with the rotating device in the middle.This then freezes and then the 'Page has become unresponsive' notice appears.I then have to close FR24 using the Task manager,as the whole PC freezes at that point.To make matters worse,I have another PC,running the same OS and search engine,and the exact same thing happens there as well.It used to work pretty much flawlessly in the past,apart from a few odd aircraft movements.But thats when it was 'Cockpit View'.Whats going wrong? Anyone?

I should add that 3D works perfectly on my Galaxy S3.

Comment

Hi Jed.

Have you tried following the instructions here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post35412

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

To save making another post, i have noticed when i close the 3D/ Cockpit View Window the G.E. Plugin continues to run at 25% CPU and 293.385k memory.

I have to end the Task as it will not stop, is this a bug.
                        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-09-30, 09:25.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

OK SB1960,thanx for that.I just tried that and I'm still getting the same response.(Page unresponsive).Can someone clarify for me,do I need to install Google Earth or not? I've read read on this forum somewhere that GE is NOT needed,just the plugin.This is very strange because earlier this year I used 'Cockpit view' regularly with few problems.Going by the Android app it looks very good indeed.Just wish I could access it on my PC

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
                            OK SB1960,thanx for that.I just tried that and I'm still getting the same response.(Page unresponsive).Can someone clarify for me,do I need to install Google Earth or not? I've read read on this forum somewhere that GE is NOT needed,just the plugin.This is very strange because earlier this year I used 'Cockpit view' regularly with few problems.Going by the Android app it looks very good indeed.Just wish I could access it on my PC
                            If you follow the instructions in the post linked before, there is an answer to your question.

Comment

Well going by that post it says 'install Google Earth OR the plug-in'.I've followed the post to the letter but to no avail.So no,it doesn't answer my question

Comment

Although not probably supported, I have tried a variety of browsers, one called Avant seems to work most consistently for 3D, it may be worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X