Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterhr
    replied
    I found cockpit view broke up on Chrome unless I displayed the aircraft (as if I was flying in formation behind it).

The recommendation I had was to update graphics card or drivers. Drivers were OK and I would have thought an Nvidia FX8600 should have been adequate ... Just waiting for delivery of a newer card (and hope that it does't lead to a whole list of other hardware upgrades to support it)

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    As mentioned in the FAQs, Internet Explorer isn't a recommended browser for Flightradar24.

You could try deleting the Google Earth Plug-In via Control Panel and letting the browser install it again.

Leave a comment:

• G-MFRS
    replied
    As per the thread opener.........

I run Windows 7 on my Laptop
    Flightradar24 with cockpit view (Internet Explorer) worked well until.......
    about a month ago cockpit view stopped working for no apparent reason.
    I then got the "The Google Earth plug-in has now installed!" message.
    Restarting the browser as instructed doesn't help. etc etc etc
    No joy.

So I am a second old man waiting in anticipation of a fix.

Additionally, on a zoomed in close up, there is a bit of break up around each aircraft, generally rectangular about 10 pixels bigger than the aircraft. This fluctuates as the data refreshes. Both issues occurred about the same time.

Other than these issues the site works well. I like the new 'info box' format too.

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    How do you mean "lost"?

The new aircraft panel has an option "3D". This replaces "Cockpit View"

Leave a comment:

• xenonman
    replied
    Cockpit View

Any idea as to why I've completely lost the Cockpit View simulator?
    Thanks,
    Mike G.

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    Have you tried another browser - Firefox?

Leave a comment:

• martintrains&planes
    replied
    Hi FR24 support. Thanks for your response. I've done what you suggested.

The plug-in was installed using the browser as instructed on screen. However despite restarting the browser the "The Google Earth plug-in has now installed!" etc message comes up no matter how often I restart or re boot the PC.

I appreciate you don't recommend using Internet Explorer but it's been working fine 'til now. I would use Google Chrome but the 3D cockpit view is 'jittery' and breaks up.

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    Cockpit View doesn't use Google Earth so there is no need to install it.

Try removing the Google Earth Plug-in via Control Panel and letting the browser re install it when you select Cockpit View.

Please note that we do not recommend using Internet Explorer for Flightradar24.com.

Leave a comment:

• martintrains&planes
    started a topic Cockpit/3D view problems

Cockpit/3D view problems

Hi, this is my first visit to the forum so please bear with me.

I run Windows 7 on my PC and have been happily using Flightradar24 with cockpit view (via Google and Internet Explorer) for a while now. Yesterday cockpit view stopped working. I get the "The Google Earth plug-in has now installed!" message. Restarting the browser as instructed doesn't help. This situation has occurred without any action by me.

I've performed a complete Google Earth re-installation but no joy.

I've tried the Google Chrome route and cockpit view works but it's very noisy - horizontal lines seem to be 'breaking up'.

Any ideas please? You'll make an old man very happy!
Working...
X