Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink planes on the fr24 map

Hi,
    today I found a lot of pink planes at the map.
    What is the use of that ? Germanwings taking over planes and routes from Lufthansa ?
    Is it possible to rent the fr24 map for advertising events and what is the prize ?
    regards
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

FR24 Admin,

In regard to this issue I simply have one question. Why arent we told about these things? It seems apparent that it's some sort of promotional thing but on the chat we're getting hit with questions about it (which will no doubt spill onto here) and all we can respond with is 'stuffed if I know'! Some guys (myself included) think that when viewed at close zoom they appear exactly the same as our 7700 emergencies or a selected aircraft. Why this colour? (sorry, that's two questions). It's high time some one got together with the moderators and let them know what's going on- beforehand. It will save much heartache on both the chat and the forum if you do. It's a difficult enough job to do without doing it blindfolded and with our hands tied behind our backs. It doesnt reflect well on FR24 when we're asked questions and all we can do is stare at each other with eyes glazed.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-01, 07:39.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

I don't know if the site does have an 'admins' or 'mods' forum cockpit that is hidden from the passengers - if so this should be announced there.

But I do know from my involvement at other sites that running a site like FR24 is expensive, and I don't know the business model here

If doing something like this helps to offset the costs - I'm all for it (for sure I wouldn't like to pay for this site out of my pocket).

How about replacing the plane models with airline logos with a direction arrow in exchange some daily sponsorship from the airlines?

Comment

Thank you for all comments.
        We have made a barter deal with Germanwings. We promoted them, and they promoted FR24 on www, Facebook and Twitter.

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Now we will evaluate and see if we want to do something similar in the future.

Comment

without doing it blindfolded and with our hands tied behind our backs all we can do is stare at each other with eyes glazed.

Regards,
          Gregg
          My goodness you ozzies know how to live
          Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-07-01, 15:32. Reason: quote BB code added, Speedbird

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Thank you for all comments.
            We have made a barter deal with Germanwings. We promoted them, and they promoted FR24 on www, Facebook and Twitter.

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Now we will evaluate and see if we want to do something similar in the future.
            Mike,
            That's all very nice and I fully realise and appreciate that FR24 is a commercial venture and needs a good money turnover in order to continue the job it's doing and the service it provides to all manner of people. How about getting some of that 'bartering' (and by that I mean communication) going with your moderators. Even mushrooms which are kept in the dark and fed on BS get better treatment than we do. Even a little occasional scissors/paper/rock would be better than what we get at the moment- nothing at all. I've tried to bring this up with you any number of times before and to get you to understand without any success at all- perhaps a little public shaming might help the cause. We cant help people on the chat or the forum to the standard they deserve and I'd expect unless we know at least something of what is going on. I'm sure you havent got a clue the amount of time and effort we put into moderating, as i've touched on above, with our hands tied and blindfolded. Not once have I ever heard from you 'you're doing a good job', or probably the more likely 'why the hell did you do/say that' until after we've locked horns. If you havent got the time for the guys who most often are the immediate face of FR24 to the public and for some obscure reason are seen by many to be 'FR24' itself then we might as well all give up.
            When guys were coming onto the chat and asking 'what are all those red planes' and all we could say was 'dunno' that was the last straw for me. We all deserve better. If you're relying on the information in the links you posted, that wont be of much help. It's been over 40 years since I studied german.
            The 'graveyard' shift chat can look after itself for a while, I'm taking a break until we get some assistance from above. That's surely not too much to ask. I didnt become a moderator so that I could sit here and whistle dixie whenever anyone asks a question. Or did I?
            Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-02, 01:05.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by stevespain View Post
              My goodness you ozzies know how to live
              Steve,
              Despite being hamstrung we can do the impossible almost immediately. Miracles however take a little longer.....
              Regards,
              Gregg

Comment

Agree with the above posts. Something should be done so we all know whats being Changed/Added,Fixed on FR24.
                Maybe a page with "versions"(2.01, 2.02, etc) update Notes/Dates can be posted each time something New/Bugs,etc are fixed on the FR24 site.
                Better way to keep track when something changed on the site.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                  Agree with the above posts. Something should be done so we all know whats being Changed/Added,Fixed on FR24.
                  Maybe a page with "versions"(2.01, 2.02, etc) update Notes/Dates can be posted each time something New/Bugs,etc are fixed on the FR24 site.
                  Better way to keep track when something changed on the site.
                  I couldnt agree more Brian and it's as simple as some good old home grown, mom's baked communication.
                  BTW thanks very much for all the hard work you (and others I understand) are doing on the feeders list etc. It's extremely well done and helpful. It's a pity we lost the original though and once again, for reasons unexplained.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-02, 03:59.

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                    I couldnt agree more Brian and it's as simple as some good old home grown, mom's baked communication.
                    BTW thanks very much for all the hard work you (and others I understand) are doing on the feeders list etc. It's extremely well done and helpful. It's a pity we lost the original though and once again, for reasons unexplained.

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    You need two new forums:
                    1. A private briefing room for Squadron leaders, Captains and FO's (this discussion would take place there and passengers like me would not be sticking my nose in)
                    2. Announcements to passengers - only Squadron leaders, Captains and FO's can announce and comment - passengers (and maybe stowaways) can listen.

Comment

Working...
                    X