Aircraft not displaying data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft not displaying data

I have noticed this for a week or so now, but it seems to be getting worse.

The Aircraft with no registration details have smaller Icons and are easy to spot if you have an 'Aircraft Label' with callsign, as the likes of RYR / EZY and AFR don't have many small Aircraft they are easy to find.

Here are some i have seen that are live on the Map @ 22:08 UTC.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

I have just noticed that the Aircraft Registration can be found by clicking on the Flight Number.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-22, 22:12.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

indeed seems to be getting more of these for the past week.

Normally the flight model in ICAO format is not displayed. i.e Boeing 737-8GQ (). should be Boeing B737-8GQ (B738).

hopefully the database will be looked into and corrected/updated soon.

Comment

The big database move and merge has began. This will happen from time to time during the next 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        The big database move and merge has began. This will happen from time to time during the next 1-2 weeks.
        The database has been flummoxed for over a month displaying a call sign for a different flight and route. I could hope the misinformation could be filtered out of the good data in the move and merge.

This is a gigantic task and requires the brave!

John

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          The database has been flummoxed for over a month displaying a call sign for a different flight and route. I could hope the misinformation could be filtered out of the good data in the move and merge.

John
          Be patient, the wait will be worth it. Good things come to those who wait....
          Regards,
          Gregg
          Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-27, 06:44.
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post

John
            The database has contained lots of errors since day 1, 6 years ago, so that is nothing new.

Why don't you show routes for all flights?
            The route is not transmitted from the airplane. The route is taken from our database based on the callsign (flight number). Today we have added about 120.000 routes into our database and we are adding new routes daily. If a route is incorrect or missing, you can submit route information by pressing the button "Report route error" in the aircraft info window.

Why is the route information not correct?
            The route is not transmitted from the airplane. The route is taken from our database based on the callsign (flight number). Sometimes the pilot types wrong callsign into the transponder, or there is an error in our database. If you think there is an error in our database, you can report correct route data by pressing the button "Report route error" in the aircraft info window.

Comment

Working...
            X