Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

Hello!

I received a NooElec R820T SDR & DVB-T unit. I cannot find the email that corresponds with this, and there no instructions in the package. Can anybody tell me where to find the installation manual?

Thank you!

Shawn Rosvold

What do you want to use it for?

If it's to feed Flightradar24, please see our online Guide:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
      What do you want to use it for?

If it's to feed Flightradar24, please see our online Guide:

http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick
      I was sent a free unit. I have tried to activate, but I need some sort of code that was supposed to have been sent to me, but nobody seems to know what that is.

Comment

Originally posted by rosweed View Post
        but I need some sort of code that was supposed to have been sent to me, but nobody seems to know what that is.
        I have replied to your same questions via Support so we're duplicating effort.

The "instructions" are online in the link above. You need to complete the feeder Sign Up to get a sharing key. But you must receive at least two aircraft messages with positional data. Placing the DVB-T antenna so that it "sees" as much sky as possible will improve your chances of receiving two messages and completing the Sign Up.

My DVB-T receiver gets 100 plus positional aircraft when connected to my external antenna. Using the supplied antenna on my desk, away from a window gets none or one at most.

The same rule applies to all ADS-B receivers. The antenna location is critical as the aircraft messages are line of sight.

If the antenna can't see much sky it won't receive enough messages.

Comment

Working...
        X