This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

I'm just curious.. Does the fr24 mlat calculation include the WGS84 system or something similar?

Regards
    Maik

Comment

Fresh from the MLAT screen

MLAT0108.jpeg
      MLAT expanding.. Even a AN26 showing.
      (Click on Pic,. for full screen)
      Last edited by delcomp; 2013-08-01, 06:19.
      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Screenshot_492.png
        got a screenshot of USAF near bristol on mlat was surprised to see it showing this far down. looking foward to better coverage in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Looks like I'm not alone with filter "Radar: T-MLAT"
          Yes Mike, its a very useful 'Filter'.

With the latest FR24 Radars in Germany and the UK MLAT coverage has grown quite a bit in the last few weeks.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Keep up the good work..! keep sending out those FR24 boxes for MLAT. One would think MLAT will first be concentrated around Europe first? hopefully these FR24 boxes can get a bit cheaper so MLAT coverage could widen in the future. ( or perhaps
            ?something based on the R-Pi with R820T dongle which could be cheaper?)

Comment

95 aircraft on MLAT this morning

Comment

Congratulations - capturing one in the North Sea ... It would be interesting (but probably impossible) to know the locations of the receivers that enabled that to happen.

Comment

Quite a lot of activity over UK now - interesting to see an AWACS constantly orbiting Norfolk yesterday when I happened across it whilst watching DAL99 make an unscheduled tour of Norfolk. See another one c/s NATO34 doing the same today so guess it must be normal practice - perhaps due to the new threats ??
                  John
                  T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

They've been doing it for years, nothing new in the slightest, they just vary where they operate. There was a French one in UK3-1 yesterday also.
                    RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                    Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

Originally posted by CGlobe View Post
                      They've been doing it for years, nothing new in the slightest, they just vary where they operate. There was a French one in UK3-1 yesterday also.
                      Must just be my suspicious mind !! Must be honest and say that yesterday was the first time I noticed MLAT returns when sneaking peeks whilst at work !
                      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

hi gang quick question re MLAT i see it working fine over the uk and parts of europe why is there no mlat plots for the west of the uk and Ireland seems there are a lot of feeders here MTIA

Comment

Originally posted by mick001 View Post
                          hi gang quick question re MLAT i see it working fine over the uk and parts of europe why is there no mlat plots for the west of the uk and Ireland seems there are a lot of feeders here MTIA
                          All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Comment

yup done all that and i have sent e-mail to you Mike but have received no info back. i understand the principles of how MLAT works but my question is still the same the link you sent me does not answer the question why no MLAT plots over the west of the uk and Ireland is it a case i have to buy a new receiver or will my radarbox 3 be ok for MLAT ing regards mick

Comment

MLAT is still on trial for FR24 and thus the coverage is thin but expanding slowly across Europe.

The MLAT provided to FR24 is based solely from the FR24 receiver and is assigned with a F-XXXX code. There is only a handful of these receivers in the UK AFAIK and thus MLAT coverage is limited. The most western FR24 receiver at UK is currently at Hawarden, Chester. I might be wrong about this though.

If you want to get good MLAT coverage data then the alternative is to use PlanePlotter where there is a lot raw data uploaded from various Groundstations (a lot in the UK) using various receivers from the cheaper but effective R820T dongles to the dearer SBS-3.

The FR24 receiver will be for sale in the near future in the EU only initially. see: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...h-No-price-yet.
                              As you might know, the FR24 receiver deployed now are all send out as free equipment to increase coverage for FR24 and enable MLAT in areas where there is enough receivers around the same area. The user has not much control of this receiver. With the FR24 receiver you only need to plug in a router cable to it and it will run 24/7 without PC and MLAT can be enabled as per Mike's reply. The FR24 receiver is based on Gunter's Radarcape.

Hope this helps to clarify a bit of your queries.
                              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-08-08, 13:45.

Comment

that's fine all questions answered i look forward to seeing the FR24 receiver looks good sooner the better and many thanks to all for the great service it can only get better and better keep up the good work
                                regards
                                Mick

Comment

Working...
                                X