Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update went ok. My short cuts failed to connect to the application after the update, had to uninstall and then reinstall the application with all being ok.
    The “real time” aircraft movement is good to see, not quite as smooth as the apple version but certainly progressing in the right direction.
    When you select an aircraft the speed and height displayed is not updating (Not Real time)as it does with the apple version.
    The choice of aircraft colours has gone, not an issue as such but more of an observation.
    The filter option does not work, keep getting “Sorry The application FlightRadar 24 Pro )Process com has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Two options “force close “ or “report”.
    The AR view works fine as does the search function.
    Overall good :-)

Comment

• Just updated to the latest FR24 for Android. Same observations as AIR_UK really:

- speed and height doesn't update when tracking a selected aircraft (this would be REALLY nice to have)

- why did you take away the option to change aircraft colours, not really a big deal but it was handy

- Filter option doesn't work at all, always crashes, have to Force Close (please fix, the filter option is essential!)

Despite this still a welcome improvement - look forward to future enhancements!

Comment

• We just want to clarify one thing about the Android app, after reading some of the comments on Android Market and on the forum.

The Android app is not the iPhone app, we have never promised it to be like the iPhone app, and we don't have resources to make it like the iPhone app.
        We have an employee "in house" working with the iPhone app full time for almost 2 years, and that makes it possible to work with small details for weeks.

The Android app is made by an external partner, who has been on this project for just some weeks.

We will continue to improve the Android app and add more features, but If you want to have the iPhone app, buy an iPhone, not an Android phone.

Comment

• Thanks for all the efforts. We have a working app which is appreciated;many wouldn't have bothered

Comment

• Mike,

Fully understand all your comments, don't get me wrong I really like and appreciate the FR24 Android app. Keep up the good work! I hope you'll agree though that the filter 'Force Close' problem does need to be resolved...

Thanks!

Comment

• I dont get a filter issue on my Galaxy S.

Filtering by airline as a test It did what it was meant to.

Can anyone elaborate on their issue further..
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have an HTC Desire running Android 2.2. When I press the 'Filter' button I get the standard Android crash message:

"The application Flightradar24 Pro has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

The options then are "Force close" or "Report".

Happens every time I press 'Filter'.

Hope that helps...

Comment

• Could be a 2.2 issue. I'm on 2.3, have to see what mike/the devs find
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The filter issue only applies to Android 2.1 and maybe 2.2. There should be a fix available later today.

Comment

• Filter - crash

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      I dont get a filter issue on my Galaxy S.

Filtering by airline as a test It did what it was meant to.

Can anyone elaborate on their issue further..
                      Hi,
                      at first, I would like to thank people behind flightradar24.com for their efforts. Both webpage and apps are really great. I use them on daily basis.
                      Now to the topic.
                      I can confirm, that android app - Flightradar24 Pro(version3.0) crashes in 100% cases, when "Filter" feature is selected from Menu. I would like to provide adb logs from this, but it seems it is disabled. My configuration:
                      HTC Desire HD (A2.2.1) - stock ROM, no ROOT
                      Flightradar24 Pro(version3.0)

Comment

• Filter issue not reproduced with following configuration:
                        Samsung Nexus S (A2.3.6) - stock ROM, no ROOT
                        Flightradar24 Pro(version3.0)

Comment

• Mike
                          The fact that there are two FLR24 applications developed for different platforms,comparing them side by side is inevitable.
                          You may not like it but the apple version has set the standard, "benchmark" if you like. I'm more than happy with the Android version and use it every single day.
                          The technology behind the web based and Smartphone applications is brilliant,no question about it.
                          This application is key to my interest in commercial aviation having been an aviation enthusiast since childhood.
                          The fact that I can see see an aircraft flying over my house at 20,000 feet, I know where it's come from,where it's going, speed, aircraft type,airline etc is outstanding.
                          A credit to you and your organization for producing such a fantastic product.
                          Last edited by AIR_UK; 2012-02-28, 20:21.

Comment

• Just installed the latest update of the Android app, the filter problem is fixed! Good work

One issue I've noticed is that landing aircraft appear to overshoot the airport by some distance before they disappear from the map. With the old app they would vanish as soon as they reached the airport, now they appear to go beyond the airport perimeter by quite a way...

Anyone else seeing this ? This is on HTC Desire, Android 2.2, standard ROM, not rooted.

Comment

• Filter issue reproduced in 3 of 3 attempts with following configuration:
                              HTC Desire HD (A2.2.1) - stock ROM, no ROOT
                              Flightradar24 Pro(version 3.0.1)
                              in adb log there is following line:
                              E/AndroidRuntime(2284): Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such table: airlines: , while compiling: SELECT icao AS _id, airline FROM airlines ORDER BY airline ASC

btw same "overshoot" encountered as in previous dougwzz99 comment - with my configuration.
                              Last edited by qwert2730; 2012-03-02, 10:10.

Comment

• Latest update has resolved the filter issue, thank you.
                                Just monitored an aircraft landing LHR, no “overshoot” noticed.
                                Using HTC Desire Android version 2.2.2

Comment

Working...
                                X