X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stan77
    replied
    I tried this out again and agree that what mgon states is exactly when it force closes HTC XE ICS

Stan

Leave a comment:

• swift-tuttle
    replied
    Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    As you are running 'Nightly Builds' http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog , they themselves can have bugs.
    Flightradar24 Pro is designed to work with Android software and as Cyanogenmod is a modified version of it there is no guarantee that your device will work as well as it should.
    I know. However, I don't think this problem is related to the firmware as I can reproduce it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 3.1 (the firmware the device came with).

Also i have noticed your crash log is different from mcgon1979, i don't know if that is software related or you where doing something different when the App crashed.
    I experience the same behaviour as mcgon1979. If I wait long enough for the aircraft's flight path to appear, the app won't crash.

What happens if you click on the balloon to close it, before you select another aircraft, does it still crash.
    Yes, it does still crash (again, only if the flight path has not appeared yet).

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by swift-tuttle View Post
    Since the last update, I'm also experiencing crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S running a nightly build of Cyanogenmod 9. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but that didn't change anything.

I can reproduce the crash if I tip on a plane in order to show its balloon tooltip. If I then tip somewhere else in order to hide the tooltip, the app will crash. If I move the map around a bit before tipping somewhere else, the app does not crash.

This is the Java stacktrace from Logcat:
    Code:
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950): java.lang.NullPointerException
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity.parseTraceData(MainActivity.java:482)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity.access$18(MainActivity.java:467)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity$6.handleMessage(MainActivity.java:211)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4575)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Please fix that as it is quite annoying.
    Hi Swift-tuttle.

As you are running 'Nightly Builds' http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog , they themselves can have bugs.
    Flightradar24 Pro is designed to work with Android software and as Cyanogenmod is a modified version of it there is no guarantee that your device will work as well as it should.

Also i have noticed your crash log is different from mcgon1979, i don't know if that is software related or you where doing something different when the App crashed.

What happens if you click on the balloon to close it, before you select another aircraft, does it still crash.

Mike / Speedird

Leave a comment:

• mcgon1979
    replied
    I can reproduce this issue on stock 4.0.4. on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've also identified the exactcause of the issue.

When you click on an aircraft, a balloon tool-tip pops up with the flight info, and then a flight track appears showing where the aircraft has been in a white line, and flight path to destination in blue.
    If you click away from the balloon BEFORE the flight path has been displayed it causes a "unfortunately, Flightradar24 Pro has stopped" error.

You must wait until the flight track loads before clicking away from the balloon or it causes this crash. If you wait 0.5-1 second until the balloon AND the flight track have loaded there is no issue clicking away from the balloon then.

I'd say this can be fixed easily enough by not allowing the balloon to be closed until the flightpath loads in its entirety. I like the flightpath appearing when I select an aircraft and would not like to see it removed to fix this issue. I'd rather wait 1 second to click away from the balloon tool tip.

1. Launch App
    2. Click on a plane to bring up the balloon containing flight info.
    3. Click away elsewhere on the map immediately after clicking on an aircraft icon and before it has time to display the flight track. Error happens.
    4. If you click on a plane and wait until the flight path has appeared. No issue clicking away.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• swift-tuttle
    replied
    Since the last update, I'm also experiencing crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S running a nightly build of Cyanogenmod 9. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but that didn't change anything.

I can reproduce the crash if I tip on a plane in order to show its balloon tooltip. If I then tip somewhere else in order to hide the tooltip, the app will crash. If I move the map around a bit before tipping somewhere else, the app does not crash.

This is the Java stacktrace from Logcat:
    Code:
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950): java.lang.NullPointerException
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity.parseTraceData(MainActivity.java:482)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity.access$18(MainActivity.java:467)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.flightradar24pro.MainActivity$6.handleMessage(MainActivity.java:211)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4575)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)
    E/AndroidRuntime(24950):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Please fix that as it is quite annoying.

Leave a comment:

• lowlevel
    replied
    No crashes up till now on a Xperia X8. Not very heavy usage though. Will report more.

Leave a comment:

• mcgon1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    The introduction of new aircraft graphics was a preparation for different aircraft icons that will be released in version 3.3, but first we will release 3.2.1 with some bug fixes.
    Awesome!!!! Thanks Mike.

I've seen some crashes myself after a nights use on the Samsung galaxy nexus with 4.0.4. nothing that I can reproduce though, and only happened 2 or 3 times, so nothing major.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    We have received some crash reports on some phones. We are looking on this and will of course fix this in next update. You may try to delete the app, restart phone, and install again. That might help in same cases. Installing an app several times is always free, if you use the same Google account, as you used to buy the app first time.

The introduction of new aircraft graphics was a preparation for different aircraft icons that will be released in version 3.3, but first we will release 3.2.1 with some bug fixes.

Leave a comment:

• John Durham
    replied
    Hi,

Just installed latest update, although the settings still says using default the planes do move around which is great. I also noticed in AR mode the distance to the planes are shown. Don't recall this being there before but if this is new it's a good addition.

Thanks for making the App work again.

John

Leave a comment:

• mcgon1979
    replied
    Loving the new update on Samsung Galaxy Nexus guys. Certainly worth the wait! I've only had one "Force close" and that happened immediately after I updated. Will report any reproducible issues I see over the coming days QA testing.

My favourite parts of the update so far are:

- New aircraft graphics - Beautiful on HD screen. Hopefully in some future update we can have different icons to easier differentiate larger aircraft like A340s and B747 / A380 and the like.

- Speed and altitude in popup window is now updated after every feed update - This is something I had hoped for. Really delighted it's in there. Works flawlessly so far. Really great and useful feature.

- Added from-now-to trail - I really like this. It's a predicted path only of course, but it's great for quick reference to see how much of a journey is remaining etc. I love that the FROM part of the trail is accurate and shows if the plane has been in a holding pattern or diverted earlier etc.

- Possibility to search for a reg - Great additional feature.

- Added new airline logos - the new logos look beautiful. I thought they were a touch too big initally, but after using it for a while, I love them. The UPS and Fedex ones I've been hoping would be in there. Top job. The re-rendering of the previous ones look really good, very high resolution and easily readable. (edit: Are you kidding me! I just saw a really cool roundel and realised it was the Belgian Airforce roundel for one of their registered jets! Brilliant. Cannot wait to discover what other logos are in there!!! )

This is certainly the best App I have bought for my phone in the past 2 years. I live in Dublin and the coverage all across western Europe and out to the West of Ireland is tremendous. Certainly I would buy this app again and recommend it to anyone with an interest in aviation. I've used it in conjunction with a radio scanner to track flights, and I've also used it to watch the arrival of flights so I knew how far out the flight was and when to leave home for the airport to collect friends/relatives. (more accurate than the airport arrivals ) Thanks Mike and team!
    Last edited by mcgon1979; 2012-06-05, 16:07. Reason: added a sentence

Leave a comment:

• stan77
    replied
    Hi all,

Love the update 3.2
    - New aircraft graphics
    real smooth

- Updated (smaller) data feed format (less data to download)
    app opens much quicker now

- Added from-now-to trail
    like it

- Possibility to show reg beside an aircraft (option: None / Callsign / Reg / Airline Logo)
    simply love this option

As already mentioned i've experinced several forced closes when clicking on a plane or closing plane info (HTC Sensation XE) but generally great improvements

Would love to select more than 1 Airline in filter...PLEASE!!!!

Keep up the great work
    Many Thanks
    Stan

Leave a comment:

• wayne_windsor
    replied
    No mate not seen that. Normally take a run around the fence at toulouse to get the newbies but might take a look at that. We are there for the night anyway.
    Thanks again for all your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by wayne_windsor View Post
    I still cannot access the plane movement setting but the planes mobe every 5-10 seconds so not needed. This update is fantastic, well done guys...:-)
    Hi Wayne

Good to see you have you got Aircraft movement on your App.

Have good trip through France, have you been to the Toulouse Space Center: http://www.cite-espace.com/en#accueil
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-06-05, 09:33.

Leave a comment:

• wayne_windsor
    replied
    I still cannot access the plane movement setting but the planes mobe every 5-10 seconds so not needed. This update is fantastic, well done guys...:-)

Leave a comment:

• lowlevel
    replied
    Thumbs up guys! Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X