This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayne_windsor View Post
    Hi mike, I've checked fr24 on my pc and its running brilliantly (refreshes every 10 secs maybe). I have followed your suggestions and downloaded the latest version but still no refresh for at least 5 minutes. The message in settings actually reads "not avaiable on this device (using default)". It has worked before as I had it set at 4 seconds. Thanks for any advice.
    Wayne..
    Please try to delete the app and install again. Also check with another internet connection 3G/WiFi/ADSL.

Comment

• Good morning mike, I've just re-installed the app and there's no change. Ive also got the free version and that refreshes like the pc about every 10 seconds. With reguards the internet connection the WiFi for my phone is the same as the pc, plus the phones own internet provider worked fine before. If I remember correctly my problems started when we were having problems with the force close messages when real time radar settings were being used, that's when I selected the 8 second option.
      Hope any of this info helps, thanks wayne.
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-05-03, 10:18. Reason: word edit

Comment

Good morning mike, I've just re-installed the app and there's no change. Ive also got the free version and that refreshes like the pc about every 10 seconds. With reguards the internet connection the WiFi for my phone is the same as the pc, plus the phones own internet provider worked fine before. If I remember correctly my problems started when we were having problems with the force close messages when real time rada4 settings were being used, that's when I selected the 8 second option.
        Hope any of this info helps, thanks wayne.
        I'm not really sure if I understand your problem. What app, what settings, and what is the problem? The web page, the free app and the paid app are 3 different products that works completely different.

Comment

• Hi Mike.

The App Wayne is using is with the Pro Version.

I have checked the reviews @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightradar24pro and there are several users with the same issue as Wayne, the aircraft are not updating and taking a long time to move
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Sorry for the confusion, I am using the pro version and have the same problems as others. I used the pc version as an example to show it wasn't the WiFi..
            Cheers wayne..

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I am using the pro version and have the same problems as others. I used the pc version as an example to show it wasn't the WiFi..
              Cheers wayne..
              And what is the problem? The reviews are talking about other apps, previous versions, AR-view, "way behind iOS", "it crashed", "sucks", "great" and so on. It's really hard to find a problem without a correct description of the problem.

What phone?
              What version of Android?
              What version of App?
              What settings?
              What happens?
              What doesn't happen?
              What is wrong?
              Error message?
              How long time?
              Sometimes? Always?

Comment

• Hi mike, sorry for any confusion.
                Phone type is a. HTC Wildfire A3333
                Android 2.2.1
                App version FR24 pro 3.1.2
                The aircraft movement gets stuck and they dont move for around 5 minutes.
                After going into settings the plane movement message says "not available on this device (using default)"
                It has only started happening the last few weeks, before I had it set at 4 seconds.
                Hope this helps, wayne...

Comment

• What "plane movement" settings do you have when this problem occurs?
                  Do you have the same problem with if you change the setting to another value?

Comment

• When I select the settings option while running the app, the plane movement option is not highlighted. It shows a message saying "not available on this device (using default)".
                    The app will run but the aircraft don't move for around 5 minutes.
                    Hope this helps, wayne...

Comment

• Hi, I have a T-mobile Pulse mini. I have the same problem as others have stated with the pro version. I still have the free version installed and this works fine. The problem with the pro version is that the planes do not move from their original position (i.e. when I switch on) I too have the message in settings under Plane movement "Not available on this device (using default)" this is greyed out and cannot be accessed. It used to be available. Also on returning to the map the aircraft have disappeared only to return sometime later but still in the same positions as when the map was left to go to settings. I suspect the issue is related to the refresh rate, everything else seems to work OK. This is a great app I'd like to see it working properly again. Is it possible to go back to an earlier version of the software? The issue probably occurred after an update but I can't be certain as I often update software without using immediately.

I have un-installed both the free and pro versions as suggested but it makes no difference

Thanks John

Comment

• Originally posted by John Durham View Post
                        Hi, I have a T-mobile Pulse mini. Is it possible to go back to an earlier version of the software?
                        Hey guys, Maybe you can get a copy of the old APK file somehow, but I don't think the market release should be rolled back because some people on 2+ year old phones have issues with it.
                        Pro version working very well on newer phones (Galaxy Nexus etc). I think the App needs to move with the technology. Most phones in the last year have 800x480 or 1280x720 resolution screens, and at least 512mb-1gb RAM. The pulse mini is way behind this. 240 x 320 pixels screen and 300mb memory. And very weak/old GPU chip. Would you consider upgrading?
                        Last edited by mcgon1979; 2012-05-09, 08:35. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Hello,

i'm new here and say hello to all of you!

Since years I use FR24 on my PC without any problem (sometimes the From/To Info does not correspond with the shown track). Now I got my first small tablet: ODYS Xelio with Android 4.0.

Unfortunately this device is shown as not supported in the Android Market, so I can not download it.
                          Does anybody know how to get it on my Xelio?

Using FR24 in the normal browser on the tablet is no solution, because changing the map only is not possible. The whole picture including the info box at the left side is not visible anymore. So only an App would make it usable on my Xelio Tablet.

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks!

Peter

Comment

• Hi Peter,
                            Just because it's not certified as supported in the market does not actually mean you cannot use it on your device. I would suggest downloading a copy of the the free version APK file and manually installing it on your device. See how that goes.

Originally posted by wody View Post
                            Hello,

i'm new here and say hello to all of you!

Since years I use FR24 on my PC without any problem (sometimes the From/To Info does not correspond with the shown track). Now I got my first small tablet: ODYS Xelio with Android 4.0.

Unfortunately this device is shown as not supported in the Android Market, so I can not download it.
                            Does anybody know how to get it on my Xelio?

Using FR24 in the normal browser on the tablet is no solution, because changing the map only is not possible. The whole picture including the info box at the left side is not visible anymore. So only an App would make it usable on my Xelio Tablet.

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks!

Peter

Comment

• Hi,

thanks for the hint. I googled for the APK file, but came to som filesharing sites, which I do not trust. They also have only the APK ile for the PRO version, which is definately not ok, since one has to pay for.

So could you point me to a site for the file? I also don't know how to install this file, since I have no experience with Android. Is there a tutorial or similar for installing manually?

Thanks again

Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by wody View Post
                                Hi,

thanks for the hint. I googled for the APK file, but came to som filesharing sites, which I do not trust. They also have only the APK ile for the PRO version, which is definately not ok, since one has to pay for.

So could you point me to a site for the file? I also don't know how to install this file, since I have no experience with Android. Is there a tutorial or similar for installing manually?

Thanks again

Peter
                                Hi Wody.

An APR file is basically an Android App file: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APK_(file_format)

Try downloading it from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GFyMjRmcmVlIl0. it should work fine.(Its Free, so its worth a try.)

Mike / Speedbird
                                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-05-11, 20:37.
                                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Working...
                                X