This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    If you send me your Google Account on mike@flight24.com , we can refund you the app, so you don't need to bother any more.
    Hi Mike,
    I wasn't trying to start an argument or be funny, it was a genuine question. Have you done anything to improve the app in this version compared to version 3.0.2 so that it will work on the older phones. I only asked because I didn't want to upgrade again to find it didn't work and have to go back to version 2.0 yet again.
    In the end I did try the upgrade and once again it didn't work on my so called older phone.

I must say Mike I'm pretty disappointed with the way this has been handled now, I would love nothing more than to come on your forum and say that version 3.x.x is brilliant on my phone, but the truth is it's not. Many many reviews on the market also say that version 3.x.x has failed to work on their phones, but as you said earlier in this thread, you don't take any notice of the feedback on the market, so whats the point in even making the android apps if thats the way it's going to be?

All I have done, is pop onto your forum and post CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the app, I've not asked for my money back once, I've not shouted about it once, I've not been nasty about it, infact all I've tried to do is pass the constructive criticism over to yourselves in the hope that you can get this app working for what you keep referring to as older phones.

However, reading the tone of your posts I'm now of the opinion that you would prefer it if I just shut up and did you a favour and went away?

I don't want a refund as I don't really feel entitled to one while version 2.0 works, but thanks for the offer :-) Version 2.0 still works fine on my phone and as long as you are going to continue to support version 2.0 then thats fine, it would have just been nice to use the new version, but I'm guessing thats not going to happen unless I upgrade my phone which I'm not about to do just for 1 app.

I'm sorry if you think I've just come on here to cause offence, I can assure you I haven't, I'm just a guy that enjoys using your app and wanted to see it do well.
    Last edited by morski; 2012-04-05, 22:45.

Comment

• I have to correct ma ecent post. Now I was able to download the app. All the recent updates were downloaded and installed with the standard user I have in Play Market, but this didn't work with the new version.
      I then tried with the user I used to purchase the app and worked fine.

Many thanks Mike.

Inviato dal mio GT-P7300 usando Tapatalk
      Last edited by MCHammer; 2012-04-06, 06:45.

Comment

• Good morning, The error mentioned by you is a direct result of malfunction by your provider to establish a update link to the server of FR24.
        It is NOT a malfunction of the application ~

Comment

• I've had an idea I've been thinking about over the last few weeks since all these problems started with the apps, is it at all possible for FR24 to produce a mobile phone website version of the main website that would just open in your mobile browser? Just something light and simple that possibly shows whats overhead with flight number, destination & height?

I don't know the first thing about designing anything like that, so don't even know if it's possible? Perhaps it would be too much for mobile phones to cope with, just genuinely interested if it could be done, or if it's anything you've ever considered?

Comment

• I would always prefer the app.

Inviato dal mio GT-P7300 usando Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi,
              I'm a new member but have been using this app for some time now. Previously had it on my HTC Desire & now on my HTC Sensation XE. My phone has just updated to ICS & your app is working very well. The recent updates have been much appreciated,keep up the good work...an avid FR24 fan.
              AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
              Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
              4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
              Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
              Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
              Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
              flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Small problem with 3.1.1.
                No direct link from "plane in danger" alert to plane on map. Tapping alert line opens FR24, but on last map position, not on plane position. (HTC Desire, Android 2.3.7)

Comment

• I just started a new thread in the main forum for this. (ooops sorry). didn't realise there was a sticky android forum. Maybe a user can answer my second query about the squawks. Thanks guys. Love the app Mike. Super improvements over the past while. (samsung galaxy nexus on 4.0.4.)

(post I had posted in general)
                  Just an issue/question I have with notifications on the android app. Maybe another user can even provide an answer?

when a squawk 7700 emergency notification comes through to my android notification bar, and I click it, it opens the app, but it does not highlight the aircraft concerned. Instead I need to manually search for the flight ID to find the aircraft. This must surely be a defect?

Secondly.
                  I have yet to see an aircraft with an emergency squawk but have got 3 or 4 notifications. when I search for the aircraft concerned it is not highlighted "red" and never has an emergency squawk set. Are these aircraft just choosing the squawk 7700 by mistake before dialling in the correct squawk and hence causing the notification to my phone?
                  Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by mpmdembi View Post
                  Small problem with 3.1.1.
                  No direct link from "plane in danger" alert to plane on map. Tapping alert line opens FR24, but on last map position, not on plane position. (HTC Desire, Android 2.3.7)

Comment

• Ignore my last post!!! Just saw an "actual" squawk emergency show up now in notification bar on android, and it linked to the "red" highlighted plane in the app. Great. I think the other notifications were pilot error changing the transponder perhaps. AFR3578.

Comment

• Hi FR24 team,
                      I want to thank you for your efforts bringing new features to android version of FR24. I want to confirm, that filter issue is (at least for me) solved in version 3.1.1 (PRO). I used normal upgrade, no clear cache etc. was necessary. My configuration is: HTC Desire HD (A2.2.1, stock, no root ROM), FR24 PRO 3.1.1.

Comment

• Loving the app. Will be super if a future update includes searching by aircraft type so I can find any A380s etc

Best feature so far has to be the 7700 squawk notifications and the real flightpath route of the aircraft, not just the planned route. You can now see exactly the route of the diversion etc. Super stuff.

Comment

• Great App Guy's - The squawk notifications is excellent and works very well.I also follow flightradar24 on "twitter" and get the alerts that way as well.
                          Today was a fine example,two aircraft returning to their departing airports due to issues.
                          You know what's going on before anyone else does.

Comment

• Hi, I know, there are hundreds of small airlines, and I understand it is not possible to provide airline logos for all small airlines. Is there any way how user can add bitmap of airline logo to application resources (of android version)? I am interested in Czech Airlines. As I am user of both iOS and Android PRO versions, I miss CSA logo in Android version.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwert2730 View Post
                              I am interested in Czech Airlines.
                              I would have thought most national airlines would be in the app? Is Czech airlines missing? I'm sure it will be in next update as it's major EU airline.
                              I personally like using the logo view as I can spot aircraft with no logo very easily. These are usually interesting flights like USAF transports or gulfstreams, or Saudi prince 747SP en route to Andrews etc.
                              FedEx could do with a logo though. They have more aircraft than most airlines
                              Loving the app.

Comment

• One other suggestion for consideration in a future update.
                                When an aircraft declares an emergency a push notification comes to my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4.)which states "A-XXXX squawk 7700" etc. I click this notification and the app opens up and shows the aircraft location and details.
                                Occasionally the aircraft is gone or has already landed. when I go back to the notifcation bar to get the flight number (A-XXXX) etc, it's gone so I now don't know which aircraft it was that declared the emergency. I need to take note of the aircraft flight number before I click the notifcation to open the app.
                                A log in the app that records the details of the last 10 squawk 7700 notifications would be excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X