X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade not so good for me

What have you done to this app?

On my phone, compared to the previous version this one is buggy and that's being generous.

Moving around on the map on the previous version was smooth and worked well, on this version the map is jumpy and isn't easy to scroll around. The planes are carrying on after they are supposed to have landed, in one case I noticed a plane overshoot for nearly 20 miles after it had landed!

No option to change the colour of the planes anymore, looks terrible in yellow now, please bring back the option to have the planes in other colours.

Even though the planes are supposed to be moving in 'real time' I'm seeing quite a delay at times that I never had on the previous version, the planes will appear to be moving in real time, but will then suddenly jump as though the program has been missing data for about 30 seconds, this is happening on Wifi and 3G and is causing a strange problem if you select the option to have the trail showing behind the plane, the trail is overtaking the plane!

One last thing, the map now moves to the plane you have clicked on, this didn't happen in the previous version, some people might find this an advantage, however I'm unsure about this so far and would have liked the option to enable this or not.

Hope you can sort these problems out, I'm wishing I hadn't upgraded to be honest at the moment

Edit: Phone is a Samsung Galaxy GTI5800
    Last edited by morski; 2012-03-03, 19:45. Reason: Added phone details

Comment

• 'Overshoot' problem

Just an update to this issue, I've found that it can be 'cured' by changing the 'Plane movement' setting to 8 seconds. Unfortunately this also causes the 'Follow marked plane' setting to stop working

Comment

• The overshoot problem appears on iphone and the web as well. Data from the receivers is uploaded every 8-12 second and download to the app/web every 8-12 second. All updates between is estimation. If you reduce update rate to 8 seconds, you eliminate the estimation.

Comment

• After a day of using it I've concluded this latest one is just far/buggy too slow on my phone. Perhaps it's just because my phone is nearly a year old now and the processor isn't quite as powerful as the latest android phones? Eitherway it's a no go on my phone at the moment :-(
          Last edited by morski; 2012-03-04, 19:13.

Comment

• How did you manage to get Filter working on A2.2? For me, with FL24 Pro v 3.0.1 issue is still here. I tried 3.0.0-3.0.1 upgrade, then delete cache data, then uninstall and install clean 3.0.1, still in 100% cases crash on Filter use. My configuration: HTC Desire HD (A2.2.1) - stock ROM, no ROOT Flightradar24 Pro(version 3.0.1)

Comment

• There will be a 3.0.2 later today.

Comment

• Quite a few posting on the android market reviews now with similar problems to me saying it's really slow ect, lets hope that 3.0.2 resolves this

Comment

• Originally posted by morski View Post
                  What have you done to this app?

On my phone, compared to the previous version this one is buggy and that's being generous.

Moving around on the map on the previous version was smooth and worked well, on this version the map is jumpy and isn't easy to scroll around. The planes are carrying on after they are supposed to have landed, in one case I noticed a plane overshoot for nearly 20 miles after it had landed!

No option to change the colour of the planes anymore, looks terrible in yellow now, please bring back the option to have the planes in other colours.

Even though the planes are supposed to be moving in 'real time' I'm seeing quite a delay at times that I never had on the previous version, the planes will appear to be moving in real time, but will then suddenly jump as though the program has been missing data for about 30 seconds, this is happening on Wifi and 3G and is causing a strange problem if you select the option to have the trail showing behind the plane, the trail is overtaking the plane!

One last thing, the map now moves to the plane you have clicked on, this didn't happen in the previous version, some people might find this an advantage, however I'm unsure about this so far and would have liked the option to enable this or not.

Hope you can sort these problems out, I'm wishing I hadn't upgraded to be honest at the moment

Edit: Phone is a Samsung Galaxy GTI5800
                  Morski: You can never get all people satisfied, you complain that this has been released to early, other complain that we should have released it earlier so they can help with testing. There are almost 1000 Android phones so it's not possible to test on all phones. We have tried on 7-8 common devices with different versions of the OS. Now we are fixing the rest of problems based on the error reports we get.

As it comes to aircraft movement it's only estimations. It's technically not possible to download data for all aircraft every second, so as I wrote earlier we are only downloading positions every 8 seconds, and the data between is estimated. This is the same for Android and iPhone. You can never estimate to 100% what an aircraft will do, so this will never work 100% correct, all we can do is to try optimize that further, or you can just switch estimations off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Morski: You can never get all people satisfied, you complain that this has been released to early,
                    Did I? Dont recall saying that!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    other complain that we should have released it earlier so they can help with testing. There are almost 1000 Android phones so it's not possible to test on all phones. We have tried on 7-8 common devices with different versions of the OS. Now we are fixing the rest of problems based on the error reports we get.
                    Hence why I posted and said the problems I have seen on the Samsung GTI5800, to let you know that on my phone it's totally broken to be honest. My daughter has now also upgraded the app on her phone, a Samsung Galaxy Mini. On her phone it is better than mine, but even on that one compared to the previous version it's running no where near as good.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    As it comes to aircraft movement it's only estimations. It's technically not possible to download data for all aircraft every second, so as I wrote earlier we are only downloading positions every 8 seconds, and the data between is estimated. This is the same for Android and iPhone. You can never estimate to 100% what an aircraft will do, so this will never work 100% correct, all we can do is to try optimize that further, or you can just switch estimations off.
                    Yes cheers for that and the ealier explanation Mike I did try changing the settings to update only every 8 seconds and that did cure the problem for me with the aircraft overshooting. To be honest my phone is rooted, so luckily for me I had a backup copy of the previous version which I have gone back to for now as it just works so much better on my phone, I'll give it another try when you release version 3.0.2

Comment

• Originally posted by morski View Post
                      I'll give it another try when you release version 3.0.2
                      Hi, it has been released: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightradar24pro

Mike / Speedbird
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Sadly 3.0.2 is still really slow/buggy on my phone, trying to scroll around the map is terrible and it's still taking nearly a minute to start up Looks like I'll be sticking with version 2.0, which on this phone works perfectly until I upgrade the phone next.

Comment

• Managed to get it working a little bit better, noticed the app was installing to the SD card as standard, moving it to the phone has improved things slightly, still not as smooth as version 2.0 on my phone, but good enough that I could use it now if I hadn't got version 2.0

Comment

• Just to provide an update for this if anyone is interested....

After a few days of both me and my daughter using this version we have both now gone back to version 2.0 as it seems to be the far better version. I've found quite a few bugs in version 3.0.2 now

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy 3 and my Daughters is the Samsung Galaxy Mini and we are seeing the same problems on both phones.

On both phones it's still having problems moving the map around, on version 2.0 this used to be smooth without any problems on both phones, on version 3.0.2 this still causes problems, moving the map around is not a smooth process anymore, the map is jumping around instead of scrolling around smoothly. This is worse on the Samsung Galaxy 3, but still very noticeable on the Samsung Galaxy Mini, lots of people on the HTC wildfire and various Samsungs seem to be reporting the same problems on the Market Reviews as well if it helps anyone identify what the problem is?

I've also noticed a problem with the updates that is identical on both phones here and others have started to mention this on the Market Reviews as well. Version 3.0.2 seems to be about a minute behind updating the planes positions, it's behind the website version AND the free version of the app. I have also witnessed this delay watching the planes come over my house something that I've never seen before in version 2.0 and something that isn't happening in the free version/website version. This don't seem to make a lot of difference if the updates are set to realtime, 4 seconds or 8 seconds. It's still showing the planes running behind.

Something I feel you need to bring back is the Exit button, on version 2.0 when you touched the Exit button on the app, the app was closed down and that was it. On this version the only way you can totally close the app down it to 'force stop' the app in the applications manager, can't understand why you've felt the need to remove the Exit button and leave the app running in the background using a small amount of memory?

Sorry to keep posting what seems to be really negative posts, I just think it's a shame to see this app getting bad reviews on the market and wish you could find out whats causing the problems for some users. Perhaps you should consider re-adding version 2.0 back on the market alongside version 3.0.2 as an option for all those that are now stuck on version 3.0.2 with a non working version on their phones? At least until you can identify whats causing the problems for some users on version 3? I'm lucky that I had backed version 2.0 up on my phone but would like to upgrade to the latest but sadly as it is thats not really an option at the moment

If there is anything I can help with regards the latest app on my phone please just let me know, I would like to see the latest version working properly for everyone, as normally this is the best app

Comment

• Just thought I'd put up my experiences of the 3.0.2 update now I've been running it for a while.

I'm on an HTC Desire - Android 2.2, standard ROM not rooted.

I don't have a problem scrolling the map around, or at least it's no better or worse than the 2.0 app was. It seems to depend more on what else I've got running on the phone, and how good my internet connection is. It's definitely slower if I'm on a 3G cell connection as opposed to Wi-Fi, but I'd expect that to be the case.

Plane positions on the app seem to match the website for me. I have updates on the app set to 8 seconds, and on the website I have animation turned off. Haven't done any checks with planes going over my location yet.

As for the Exit key I did wonder why they took it away. On the other hand I believe that Android is pretty good at managing 'background' apps, so this id not a major concern for me, it doesn't seem to cause any problems on my phone. When I switch back to FR24 app it picks up OK.

Bottom line - I've stayed with running the 3.0.2 app. The filter and search are improved, and the highlighting of 7700/7600 squawk aircraft is a welcome improvement. I'd like to be able to change the colour of the aircraft (don't like yellow!) but thats a minor thing.

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Anyone knows where I can find the full changelog for the Android app? It is nowhere to be found...

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X