X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TCASAlert View Post
    Hate to say this FR24, but:

^^This.

It seems very unfair that we on Android have paid more than the iPhone app (£2.50 vs £1.99) but been left out in the cold for so long with an inferior, buggy product. You did promise a deadline of 4 weeks that never materialised, would it perhaps have been better to not set a date in the first place if you weren't certain you'd meet it?

It is still the most used app on my handset but is very slow and buggy for the most part.
    iOS app has been up to 10 times more popular first year and that is why we have focused on iOS. When first released Android app was better and faster than iOS, but there were no volumes to keep the developer. Now Android volumes is increasing and we are working on a new Android app. I agree that it was wrong to give a date, and that is why I will not give any more dates. The app will be released when it's ready for release.

Comment

• Thanks for the clear explanation. iPhone in fact swamped the market and I have noted more and more developers are now using android.
      Look forward to the announcement that the app has been developed and tested.

Comment

• The Android version of Flightradar24pro is very good and works perfectly well on my HTC desire Smartphone.However,I have first hand experience with Flightradar24 on the Iphone4 in which the increased functionality is far superior than the Android version.
        Having "real-time" flight data and seeing aircraft actually moving across the screen is outstanding. Since down loading the apple version a couple of months ago,there have been two updates already.
        The Android version is sadly lagging behind now,looking forward to the updates.

Comment

• I have evo3d. The pro application works fine but some details seem like are missing. The phone has gyro so when I hold the phone to the planes doing a left-right I can see but for up-down the planes are still there (no tilt sense) and the planes don't update
          iststatus.com esbstatus.com adbstatus.com
          aytstatus.com adastatus.com sawstatus.com
          F-LTBA1 F-LTFJ2 F-LTAC8 F-LTAD3 F-LTAD13

Comment

• I have a Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman and I purchased the pro version of FlightRadar24 with high hopes but I am disappointed that by the time I had managed to follow enough aircraft to the local International airport here in Manchester UK the customary Android 15min refund period had expired.

The problem I am having is that the height of aircraft is correct at the first point the application picks them up but the value is not updated even as they are on approach to land or have just taken off.

We have continuous, aka 'speedbird', traffic en route to both UK and European airports from the atlantic via Scotland but the static high altitude reading is easy to see as the routes are generally straight lines.

I am disappointed that the program is not responding correctly. Is this a one off problem for my phone or are other users having similar problems with the Android app?

Comment

• Xan
              You are experiencing the limitations of the Android version as compared to the apple version.Mrs Air_UK has an Iphone4,who kindly allowed me to download the IOS Flightradar24 pro version which allows me to compare both apps side by side.The IOS version presents "realtime" data,such as height,speed and moving aircraft.Tapping on the > symbol displays additional info simlar to the Android version,but includes "realtime" speed,height,distance to destination,time to destination.
              One feature I have noticed, is that the IOS version only works in portrait mode and wont flip to landscape mode,as it does with the Android version.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I have been using FR24 for a while on my PC and used to setting it up to what i want. Yesterday I bought an android and first app i d/l is naturally FR24. However all I have is Flt Code, do I need the Pro Version to have info like reg or have I missed something. To be honest these android things are alien to me.

Thanks
                NJ

Comment

• Quote from oblivian last month

'Only works if you are on Pro version, select aircraft, click > to show info. The other shows track.'

Comment

• Would be interested to know what the download statistics are between the Android and Apple version of the Flightradar24 application.

Comment

• Finally it's time for the FR24 Android app to get updated. The new version will be released on Monday! (27/2/12)

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Android overtakes iPhone market share in the UK (Thanks to AIR_UK for the link.)

Android market share for the first time dominated the iPhone in the UK during 2011 and is expected to keep climbing.
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-02-25, 21:38.
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• That's good to hear :-)I received the tweet earlier today about this.

Comment

• Great news. Looking forward to Monday

Comment

• Pro Update freshly released a short time ago for us here in New Zealand

Slight spelling mistake, 'mayor update' instead of 'major update'

Love the new plane details on selecting aircraft, instead of needing to go into full details. And the jump to region.

SC20120227-134958.png
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thanks for spelling note Oblivian.

This is only the first update, there will be more updates in the near future!

Comment

• In the Android App, the VR View display does not work correctly in the quadrant from 90° to 180°. In this range, the displayed labels are mirrored: Planes at 170° get displayed at 100°, 160° at 110° and so on.
                                In all other quarants, displaying of airplanes work correctly.
                                Maybe you can do an interim update, I hoped this error would have been cleared with today's update.

Comment

Working...
                                X