No announcement yet.

Chat - LOGON PROBLEM (lost details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what version the Blab! chat software is on FR24 ?
    It shouldn't be this hard for users to use the same username and get the password reset.
    Easy to install and use web chat rooms software for your website. Compatible with any web hosting. Build your online community now!
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

TG,
      you can only be banned for a limited period of time from the chat (both username and IP address) so that shouldnt be the issue. I wont mention the time period on here but it's not that long and for most situations it's more than sufficient. Some sort of password reset as has been mentioned though may be very handy but I'm not sure how it could be implimented.
      Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-30, 20:52.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

HY GREGG, KK 4 EMAIL , HAVE CONTACTED MY SERVER AS 1 OFTHE GUY`S SUGGESTED [BT] BUT THEY CANNOT HELP, SO THAT`S ANOTHER OPTION DELETED !! HAVE HAD IT`` GUY OUT 2DAY AND PROBLEM IS DEFINITLEY NOT THIS END . HE WAS VERY SUPRISED THAT A SITE AS POPULAR AS F24 WITH AS MANY MEMBER`S AS IT HAS HAS NOT GOT A RESET P/WORD OPTION. HE SET UP COMPLETELY NEW E/M ADDRESS AND P/WORD BUT NOTHING !! SO IF HE CAN`T GET 2 LOGON I DON`T STAND MUCH CHANCE !! THANK`S BROTHER GREGG

Comment

INCEDENTELY GREGG, HE SET UP 2 OTHER ACCOUNT`S ON TEMPORY BASIS ON SAME SERVER [BT] AND P/WORD GOT THE LINK 2 THEM IMMEDIATLEY , TG

Comment

FR24 chat is provided "as is" without any support. On the chat there are some simple rules that everyone should follow.
            There are moderators on the chat who are trying to keep the channels free from spam and trolls.
            If you don't follow the simple rules you get banned. I have received several complains about incorrect bans. Every time I have checked the logs, the ban has been legitimate.
            If you get banned, wait some days and the ban gets removed or get a new account and behave.
            If you forget the username - get a new account.
            If you forget the password - try to get a new password. If this does not work get a new account.
            If you can't login - get a new account.
            If you don't like the rules, chat or moderators - find another chat.

Comment

TG,
              I've just had a look at the login screen for the chat (I havent needed to look at it in detail in quite a while) and there is a 'forgotten password' menu on it where you simply enter your login name and email address. I cant ever remember needing to or having used it but would presume you'd get a new password sent to your email address.

....OR DO WHAT MIKE SUGGESTS ABOVE I would have thought we should be trying to ENcourage guys to use the chat, not to DIScourage them. It's just as important a part of FR24 as the map or the forum.

One thing I'm a tad confused about though TG is that you've said you never got to know your password- every time you login to the chat you need to use it. I'm off to breakfast as my brain is going into meltdown trying to wrap my head around this one.
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-30, 22:33.
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

mike ,kk for posting,i understand exactly what you are saying about the rules etc. in the 3? yrs i was with chat i had only ONE ban and that over a misunderstanding between 2 folk .after all the attempt`s i have made to rejoin 24 i find the comment`s that you have made about me NOT liking the rules etc` totaly out of context . if this is the attidude a senior admim person takes,you do not deserve the following you get, so yes i will find another chat site [ RADARBOX24] and join the many other`s that have left have read in forum that this happening .so over and out disgusted @ your comment`s !! TOPGUN

Comment

Working...
                X