Distance - Aircraft/Airport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance - Aircraft/Airport.

When selecting an aircraft, and the routing is shown (departure and arrival airports). I normally also see an ETA on the side panel. Is it possible to add the distance of the aircraft from the departure airport or arrival airport, and the overall distance between the two airport? In miles and kilometres... Nick.

Originally posted by NickP View Post
    When selecting an aircraft, and the routing is shown (departure and arrival airports). I normally also see an ETA on the side panel. Is it possible to add the distance of the aircraft from the departure airport or arrival airport, and the overall distance between the two airport? In miles and kilometres... Nick.
    Nick,
    You'll find that information is available under 'flights' in the database as far as distance from airport to airport. Also if you click on an airports' 'inbound' board the distance (in UTC time) from the aircraft to airport is available. I'm not sure whether it is feasable for the guys to add it to the aircraft info panel on the map. I think there's probably only a limited amount of room for any further info, although it's not at all difficult to think of more that might be desirable. Good thoughts though, we'll see what the tech guys have got to say about them.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-25, 07:57.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks for the reply Gregg,
      I realise that space to show this information might be a bit tight, but maybe it could be put on the aircraft labels. I checked out the internet to see that the calculation could be done in real time using Lat and Lon, which you currently have as part of the data feed. Nick.

Comment

Working...
      X