Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I see the whole flightpath of some planes and others dont?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I see the whole flightpath of some planes and others dont?

This is happening very often...

thanks

Originally posted by fabin View Post
    This is happening very often...

thanks
    Fabin,
    In general you'll only see an entire flightpath if it is recognised and recorded by one of our radar receivers at each end of the flight, otherwise you'll only see the section that is picked up by the last radar receiver. In most areas as the number of receivers is steadily growing this will become less 'frequent.'
    Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-15, 02:53.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks Fungus, now I got it!

Comment

Originally posted by fabin View Post
        Thanks Fungus, now I got it!
        No worries at all and I just remembered another point whilst looking at the map- a radar may only pick up an aircraft near an airport (or it's point of origin in this case), not at the airport as can be seen by the picture below where the Careflight Rescue helicopter is picked up after taking off from Westmead Hospital and is seen heading for RAAF base Richmond, probably on a training flight (near Sydney, Australia);

CAREFLIGHT.jpg

(click on the pic for a larger view).

It has been observed flying this flightpath for some days now.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-16, 01:22.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Nice!
          thanks once again Fungus

Comment

Working...
          X