Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are questions on this forum removed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are questions on this forum removed?

What can the reason that the question i ask have about the reception of FR24 above the Netherlands at the lower levels is removed from the forum?

Still no traffic visible which is approaching Amsterdam Schiphol airport and in the past that was the case.

I am not an expert, but living very close to the approach to runway 27 and planes visible from my balcony.

Thank you in advance for a reply,

Ger
    Last edited by Ger; 2010-08-28, 05:48.
    Visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307865168157/

1) it was posted in wrong forum

2) there is a very good answer to your question in Q&A on FR24
    http://www.flightradar24.com/about.php#qna
    I have spent a lot time in writing the Q&A to avoid answering the same question every day.

Comment

Thank you Mike....
      Maybe the owner of the receiver can sent a message to the forum of FR24 when a receiver is closed down for a longer period and for which area. Avoid questions like i asked.
      Keep up the good work.
      Visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307865168157/

Comment

Originally posted by Ger View Post
        Thank you Mike....
        Maybe the owner of the receiver can sent a message to the forum of FR24 when a receiver is closed down for a longer period and for which area. Avoid questions like i asked.
        Keep up the good work.

Well said!

Comment

Well said, I think so too, but only about 5% of the 200 users sharing are registered on the forum. And many of the users speak bad or none English. Many of the contribution e-mails comes copy/pasted directly from Google Translate with the light blue background, in the back of the letters, still visible. Beside that we have the network NET2 where users share within the network and don't care about FR24. I will not try to force anyone to register on forum to make updates of his status.

There is a lot of things that could be much better. My dream is that all people sharing would be online 24/7. Instead we have some users who never start sharing after getting the software, some users share for 2 days and disconnect, some users share 12h/day, some users disappear after some time, and some stay online for ever. As I wrote we have about 200 people sharing right now, but I have sent the software to more than 400 persons. It's completely impossible for me to administrate any kind of manual control/contact with this 200/400 persons. As I see it the only solution is more radars connected so we can loose one or two radars without loosing coverage.

You have to look at this for what it is. This is not a professional service. This is a free hobby service made by enthusiast for enthusiast. I'm spending several hours per day on this, but I have a work and a family. Much of the time is spent on answering questions that can be found in Q&A. I cannot do so much more.

Comment

Of course I should add that i'm not the only one "working" with FR24. There are several other users making a lot of great job with FR24, keeping the network and databases updated, answering questions on both the forum and in the chat. Big thanks to everyone.

Comment

Agreed Mike. Only 5%? Wow!
              I would LOVE to be able to afford a receiver... make no mistake, if/when I have enough "spare" cash, a receiver is at the top of my list and I have no qualms about leaving it on 24/7.
              Being unemployed, in the current climate, it not helping :-(
              I have been interested in aircraft tracking for over 50 years, back when I had UK maps complete with EVERY aircraft route and "airway" in the country. And a VERY big FM aerial, at an amazing height, to receive ATC as far as possible!
              One day Mike... one day!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Well said, I think so too, but only about 5% of the 200 users sharing are registered on the forum. And many of the users speak bad or none English. Many of the contribution e-mails comes copy/pasted directly from Google Translate with the light blue background, in the back of the letters, still visible. Beside that we have the network NET2 where users share within the network and don't care about FR24. I will not try to force anyone to register on forum to make updates of his status.

There is a lot of things that could be much better. My dream is that all people sharing would be online 24/7. Instead we have some users who never start sharing after getting the software, some users share for 2 days and disconnect, some users share 12h/day, some users disappear after some time, and some stay online for ever. As I wrote we have about 200 people sharing right now, but I have sent the software to more than 400 persons. It's completely impossible for me to administrate any kind of manual control/contact with this 200/400 persons. As I see it the only solution is more radars connected so we can loose one or two radars without loosing coverage.

You have to look at this for what it is. This is not a professional service. This is a free hobby service made by enthusiast for enthusiast. I'm spending several hours per day on this, but I have a work and a family. Much of the time is spent on answering questions that can be found in Q&A. I cannot do so much more.

Comment

Working...
              X